Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we’re going to discuss an awesome singer/songwriter whose smooth vocals will make you hit the replay button again and again. Remember the name Travis Atreo because this artist is about to make a big splash in the main stream music industry. According to Travis’ official Facebook page, he’s currently working on his debut solo EP which should drop in 2015 (so get excited!!!). So let’s move on to the part y’all really want to see…THE MUSIC! Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
The first video that we’re going to talk about is Travis’ rendition of ‘Thinking Out Loud’ by Ed Sheeran, which was uploaded on October 12th, 2014 (I couldn’t embed the video into this post, but you can check out the cover here: Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran (Cover by Travis-Atreo). Now this is a song that is difficult to cover because it not only requires vocal skill, but also the ability to really portray the emotions behind the lyrics. Travis does a great job of really pulling at your heartstrings and immersing you into the song. Trust me once you hear his version, you’ll want to replay it again and again. Next up we have Travis’ cover of ‘Sledgehammer’ by Fifth Harmony, which was uploaded on January 14th, 2015. What I really like about this choice, is that Travis is able to show that he not only has the ability to make us cry, but can also perform a fun song that you’ll want to get up and dance to. These covers will only get you more excited for his original songs because of the amazing artist range Travis has already shown us.
Now we’re going to talk about Travis’ version of the hit song ‘See You Again’ by Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth, which was uploaded on April 15th, 2015. This is another cover that will have you crying, but also constantly pushing the replay button (this cover is multi-talented like that). With a unique sound and the ability to hold his audience’s attention, from the very first note, Travis has proven that he’s ready to be a competitive main stream artist that you instantly recognize on your radio. The last song that we’re going to talk about is Travis’ original song ‘Baby It’s Christmas’ which features former ‘Teen Wolf’ & ‘Arrow’ actor Colton Haynes, and was uploaded on December 3rd, 2014 (by this I mean the piano version of this song, I couldn’t embed the video in this post, but you can check out the link here: ORIGINAL Baby It’s Christmas (Piano Version) feat Colton Haynes). This is a really cool song that you will want to listen to all year long. The lyrics tell a beautiful story, and the interesting mix between Colton’s strong country vocals & Travis’ smooth R&B vibe is the best present of all.
Keep up with everything Travis is doing:
YouTube: Travis Atreo
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we are going to talk about the 2015 Grammy Awards (btw we guessed half of the winners correctly this year, yay!). This year the award show was full of unique performances, surprises, and of course, awesome awards. It was truly a night dedicated to music, and all that it represented this past year. The show was once again hosted by rapper/actor LL Cool J, who stated at the top of the show that he wasn’t going to perform an opening monologue so that there would be more time for the music. I thought that it was a really memorable show, and will definitely have us all discussing it the rest of the year. If you missed the show, or just want to relive all the moments again, then please read on as we recap the 2015 Grammy Awards!
Here are the categories we guessed correctly this year:
*If you want to see the full list of Grammy Award winners then please go to GRAMMY.com | The Official Site of Music’s Biggest Night
Now there were a lot of awesome performances this year, but I decided to pick the top 10 must-see performances to discuss with y’all.
10) Eric Church: Eric performed his hit single ‘Give Me Back My Hometown’, which is a fun song that brings out the nostalgia in us all. As always, Eric captivated his audience and never lost their attention. The backdrop of the stage had scenes of a town in a Sepia effect, which just added an air of coolness to the number.
9) Ariana Grande: One number that was really interesting was Ariana Grande’s emotional performance of her song ‘Just a Little Bit of Your Heart’. The emotional ballad had a very intimate vibe that definitely captivated fans. The staging consisted of really dim lighting, purple stage lights, and really cool white smoke that appeared half way through the performance.
8) Pharrell Williams: Pharrell began his number with a spoken word performance of the beginning of his hit song ‘Happy’. The number then changed back to the original arrangement, and included dancers in bright colored clothing & choir robes. Towards the end of the number, the attention shifted over to the small stage in the center of the auditorium, where Hans Zimmermann was showing off his out of this world piano skills. Definitely a number we’d all be happy to see again.
7) Ed Sheeran feat. John Mayer & Questlove/Ed Sheeran & ELO: Ed performed a sweet rendition of his new single ‘Thinking Out Loud’, and was accompanied by John Mayer’s EPIC guitar playing, and Questlove (the drummer of the band The Roots, who are Jimmy Fallon’s house band) on the drums. This was such an awesome pairing that I know we all have our fingers crossed for these artists to collab again soon. After ‘Thinking Out Loud’, Ed switched over to another stage and performed ‘Mr. Blue Sky’ with British rock group, Electric Light Orchestra (aka ELO). This was another unexpected, yet really awesome collab that left us wondering who Ed will work with next (because obviously he can work with anyone and it will sound awesome).
6) Miranda Lambert: Miranda performed her song ‘Little Red Wagon’, and definitely showed that country music can rock. She was in full rock star mode, with a performance that included lots of cool smoke and explosion effects, an interesting red sun decoration in the background, and lots of flashing red lights that definitely raised the energy of the room to full blast.
5) Hosier & Anne Lennox: Hosier started the performance with their hit single ‘Take Me To Church’ & was later joined by Anne Lennox, who also performed her rendition of ‘I Put A Spell on You’ (which was originally by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins). This was another high energy performance that had the audience captivated throughout the number…what can we say, they put a spell on us!
4) Katy Perry: Katy performed a truly angelic rendition of her song ‘By The Grace of God’, complete with a beautiful white gown. The performance followed a PSA by President Barack Obama, and a speech by domestic abuse survivor Brooke Axtell (the PSA and speech were in support of a new program called #ItsOnUs, which is an initiative to end violence against women & girls). This was truly a strong way to deliver this powerful message.
3) Paul McCartney, Rihanna, & Kanye West: The legendary Beatle joined Pop star Rihanna, & Rap star Kanye West for a performance of the trio’s song ‘Four Five Seconds’. This was such an amazing number, that really brought out the true talent of all three artists, and showed the magic that can happen when artists of different genres come together to create something spectacular.
2) Sam Smith & Mary J. Blige: Sam & Mary J. Blige left the room completely speechless with their duet of Sam’s hit song ‘Stay With Me’. The two artists used their amazing vocal talents to deliver a breathtaking performance that was one of the highlights of the night. What made this performance extra cool was the old school soul flair that the artists added to the overall vibe of the show; it definitely left us hoping that they will work together again in the future.
1) Sia feat. Maddie Ziegler & Kristen Wiig: The top spot of the night has to go to Sia for her beautiful performance of her hit single Chandelier. The number took place in a destroyed, dirty room, and showed comedic actress Kristen Wiig & Dance Moms star Maddie Ziegler performing the choreography from the song’s music video together. Although Sia & Kristen were INCREDIBLE, the star of the show was definitely Maddie. Seriously, she’s 12 years old and has already performed at the Grammys, how do you possibly top that!?! With such a HUGE start to 2015, I’m excited to see what this rising star does next.