Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ blog we are featuring Beauty Guru/Singer Natasha Bure. This young rising YouTube star has only been on YouTube for a short time, but has already proven that she is very knowledgeable about beauty, fashion, and how to capture the undivided attention of an audience. At the young age of 16, Natasha has shown through her videos that she is an intelligent, charismatic young entertainer who will very soon take the internet by storm. It’s easy to see where Natasha’s talent as an entertainer comes from, if you consider the fact that her mother is actress Candace Cameron Bure (who most know as DJ Tanner from the highly popular sitcom Full House). Trust me, once you see one of Natasha’s videos, you will instantly become a fan and will also want to see this young talent blossom into the next YouTube queen.
Natasha uploaded her first YouTube video on August 11th, 2014 Natasha Bure Official Youtube + All About It). This video was an introductory video that tells viewers what to except on the channel in the future. I decided to mention this video not only because it is the first one on the channel, but also because even in a video with such sole content, Natasha is able to show that she is funny, relatable, comfortable on camera, and most importantly, very fun to watch. The next video that we are going to discuss is Natasha’s ‘August Favorites’ video which she uploaded on August 21st, 2014 (August Favorites ). This video covered Natasha’s favorite beauty/skin products, movies, and miscellaneous products of the month. I really loved all of the products that Natasha mentions in her video, and I also loved the mixed between high end and inexpensive items that she had in the video, I definitely think that this makes the video appeal to a wider range of audience. In this video, Natasha also allows her bubbly personality to shine, and certainly will make everyone wish they could be her BFF (also, the mean girls reference was great…Glenn Coco would be so proud). The final video that we are going to discuss in this blog post, is Natasha’s ‘Back To School Style + What’s In My Backpack’ video which was uploaded on August 29th, 2014 (Back To School Style + What’s In My Backpack). I really thought that this video was perfect to showcase because back to school time is now upon us. I absolutely LOVED the outfits that Natasha showcased because they’re cute, stylish, perfect for a wide range of styles, and school/parent approved (got to keep those ATMs…I mean parents happy…just kidding, we love them). I also really loved how Natasha was able to show how back to school style can also extend to school supplies. She was able to show pieces that were both efficient and cute. You gotta love a girl who’s so stylish that she makes you want to even copy her school supplies style (and trust me you will want to).
Didn’t I say see was amazing? As I’m sure you can already tell, Natasha is on her way to become a top YouTuber. I think that what really sets Natasha apart from all of the other beauty/fashion gurus on YouTube, is the fact that she is not only knowledgeable about both topics, but she also has an incredible level of comfort in front of the camera. She also has the ability to quickly gain an audience, in fact in only a month on YouTube (as of September 10th, 2014); she already has 2,436 subscribers, and 23,957 total channel views. She also has over 72,000 followers on Instagram (which achieved in about 7 or 8 months), and 1,960 Twitter followers (which she accumulated in about 1 month). So as you can see, Natasha is quickly becoming the internet’s biggest not so secret talent. I am very excited to see where Natasha goes from here. It will be fun to see just how high this young star rises.
Keep in touch with Natasha!
YouTube: Natasha Bure – YouTube
Hello people of the internet! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we’re going to discuss a beauty guru who has turned her amazing beauty/style skills, fun personality, and natural cantor into a very successful career. Weylie Hoang (known on YouTube as ilikeweylie) has successfully forged her own path by figuring out how to connect with her audience in such a way, that they cannot click away. Although it was not overnight, Weylie is a prime example of what dedication, passion, and a little humor can accomplish. If you haven’t ever heard of Weylie (what?!?) then you definitely need to continue reading, so you can discover how she captured the attention of the world with only a camera, personal knowledge about beauty/style/and life, and her humor. Trust me; you will be amazed at how much you want Weylie to be your new BFF.
Weylie Hoang was born in Oakland, CA in 1993. She stated in her ‘Draw My Life’ video (which you can see here Draw My Life | ilikeweylie – YouTube) that due to her parent’s busy work schedules, that she and her older sister was raised by her grandmother. Weylie has stated that she grew up in a house with several of her extended family members, and early on in her childhood, her family lost their businesses, and suffered financial crisis as a result. Due to their financial stress, Weylie’s parents constantly fought, and Weylie’s mother was physical abusive towards Weylie and her sister. Weylie also stated in the ‘Draw My Life Video’, that although her family continued to go on annual family vacations, her parent’s relationship continued to deteriorate, as well as Weylie and her mother’s relationship. Weylie has also stated that she experienced bullying throughout her elementary and middle school years, and as a result, attempted numerous times to commit suicide. Fortunately, Weylie has said that she and her mother now have a good relationship, due to the fact that Weylie wrote a letter stating why she hated her mother, and her mother found it and was then able to mend their relationship. Upon graduating from high school, Weylie attended FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising), and 1 year later moved to the FIDM campus in Los Angeles, CA.
On July 23rd, 2008, at the tender age of 15 years old, Weylie posted her first video on YouTube, and thus began a journey that would soon turn into a promising career (check out that first video here: Pink/Orange eyes tutorial | ilikeweylie). Weylie’s first video, shows her demonstrating how to masterfully apply a very cool pink/orange eye shadow look. Weylie continued regularly posting videos, and slowly gained a loyal fanbase. According to a 2013 interview with the videoink.com, Weylie began becoming widely known on YouTube in 2010 (here’s the link to that article For Weylie Hoang, Beauty Goes Beyond YouTube – VideoInk). As Weylie’s popularity grew, her videos began to become more diverse, and she began to not only post tutorials, reviews, and fashion hauls, but also tag videos, advice videos, and random videos of her speaking to her audience (definitely some of my favorite videos, because she is so HILARIOUS). Weylie’s rise to the top has not been an easy one, due to the vast amount of haters that she has experience on the internet. At one point, Weylie actually stopped making videos, and stated in one of her videos that although there were numerous other factors that led to her YouTube absence, the amount of hate she received was one reason. Weylie has stated that she ultimately hopes to launch her own beauty line, and as of the publication of her 2013 interview with Videolink, she is currently taking pre-orders for her first line of makeup brushes. Weylie has said that ideally she wants her products to be sold in stores such as Target, so her fans (who she says are mostly teenagers) can easily purchase the products.
So…go on admit it, you know you want to be besties with Weylie…yes you do…see its ok we all do! It’s obvious from her videos, that Weylie has been able to use her personality to make her channel completely relatable to the average viewer (in business this can be summed up in too words…pure genius). YouTube, and the Internet in general is definitely the future of media, and it’s individuals like Weylie that are at the forefront of this future. She is certainly a bright spot in the fashion/beauty industry, and I predict that her star will only continue to rise as she goes further on her career. Just as Lauren Conrad and Kristin Cavallari used the popular reality shows ‘Laguna Beach’ and ‘The Hills’ to l propel them into the industry, many young aspiring fashion/beauty moguls now use YouTube as the “ground zero” of their careers. Michelle Phan and Bethany Mota are perfect examples of what a successful YouTube channel and loyal fans can accomplish. Besides having a vast knowledge of beauty and fashion, Weylie has proven that she is a great role model for the importance of continuing to follow your dreams despite where you come from or what you experience in life. I believe that due to the fact that Weylie has always been very honest with her audience, they have learned to trust her and thus she now shares an unbreakable bond with them. I truly believe that it is not a matter of “if”, but rather a question of “when” this ‘superstar of the web’ will use her channel for worldwide domination.
Keep in touch with Weylie!!!:
Twitter: Weylie (callmeweylie) on Twitter
Facebook: Ilikeweylie | Facebook
Instagram: weylie on Instagram
Weylie’s YouTube Channel where she and her boyfriend Wah Vlog: WahlieTV
Hello people of the internet!!! Today, we will talk about the heart shaped elephant in the room…Valentine’s Day (cue suspenseful music). Maybe you’re single this Valentine’s Day and are bitter about it…or maybe you’re single and don’t care, either way this is the blog for you! So grab some popcorn, turn up those Taylor Swift songs, and chill out with the ‘Top ten reasons why it’s better if you DON’T have a Valentine this year!!!’
10) You can sit around in your PJs all day and watch romantic comedies/ Nicholas Sparks movies…who wouldn’t want Ryan Gosling or Channing Tatum as their honorary boyfriend?
9) You can make your mom or dad your Valentine and then casually suggest visiting your favorite store or mall (hello presents!!!)
8) Being single on Valentine’s Day is like the first day of a New Year, calories don’t count so you can eat whatever you want without repercussions (that is the rule right!?!)
7) You can get some of your BFFs together and talk about how much guys suck while you listen to Taylor Swift songs (sing it with me…”we. are never ever getting back together…”).
6) If you’re feeling more positive, you and your BFFs can have a dance party in your room while listening to your favorite boy band (or man and for our Backstreet Boys fans).
5) You can blog/vlog!!! (C’mon all the cool kids are doing it!)
4) You can walk around the mall in a onesie( oh you know you’ve ways wanted too…o.k, guess that’s just me then…awkward…)
3) You can use your detective skills and figure out who ‘A’ is on ‘Pretty Little liars’ (c’mon you know that this is seriously the biggest mystery of our time, just don’t watch the show in the dark…trust me on that one).
2) You can paint a bullseye with a picture of a jerky person in the middle. Yes throwing darts at the face of a person may seem a little aggressive, but painting is relaxing so it evens out right?
1) You can have a Harry Potter movie marathon…now if he can survive fighting a creepy faced guy for 8 movies, you can survive flying solo on the “day of love”.
· All photos and information used in this blog belong to guysvsgurlz.com, 123rf.com, hungryandmad.com, curquedelatelier.blogspot.com, idolator.com,teleread.com, powerfm.au.com, who-is-A-tumblr.com, theaprilblake.com, navikan.tumblr.com, scissorsandspice.com, naileditnz.com, Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum, Taylor Swift, Big Machine Records, Simon Cowell, Liam Tomlison, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Nial Horan, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Karl Johan Shellback, Syco Records, Nick Carter, AJ McLean, Brian Littrell, huffington.com, Howie Dorough, Kevin Richardson, Jive Records, Nintendo, Satoshi Tajiri, Lucy Hale, Ashley Benson, Shay Mitchell, Troian Bellisario, ABC Family, . Marlene King, Sara Shepard, Disney Channel, Dan Povenmire, J.K. Rowling, Heyday FIlms, 1492 Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures, memegenberator.net, ebay.com, and all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.