Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we are going to discuss fall fashion! About 3 weeks ago, I posted a fall look book full of fun outfits for the fall season (here’s a link to that post Monday Memos: 2014 Fall Lookbook | celindareyesblog). The look book was posted in celebration of the beginning of fall, so I thought to follow that up today with some fall essentials that EVERYBODY needs to have. I featured items in this post that I actually own or just really really love, so remember that you can substitute any items for something similar. Hope y’all enjoy the post!!!
5) Leggings/Jeggings: Destroyed Jeggings – Long from Wet Seal
Personally I wish we could just wear sweatpants 24/7 but they say you’re not “suppose to”, so leggings and jeggings can often be a good alternative if you want to combine style and comfort. I really liked these jeggings form Wet Seal because they have the cool destroyed element that will instantly add an edge to any outfit. I think that the destroyed look on jeans/jeggings will always be cool, so you definitely won’t go wrong with adding these to your wardrobe.
4) Skincare: Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment from Sephora
For a lot of people, the changing weather can mean changes in your skin, so I HIGHLY suggest this product from the AMAZING Kate Someville. I absolutely love this product because it makes your skin feel really clean, smooth, and just completely renewed and refreshed. It’s a little pricey but I definitely think it’s worth it.
3) Bag: BLOTTIE fringe from Steve Madden (this is currently available for pre-order as of October 11, 2014)
It doesn’t matter what season it is, you always have to have 1 (or several fun bags to add the perfect finishing touch to your outfit). The added aspect of the fringe adds a boho vibe to the outfit that will definitely make you stand out this fall season. My absolute FAVORITE part of the bag is the inner lining (which you can’t see in this picture). Why is the inner lining my favorite part you may ask, well…the pattern of the inner lining is zebra!!! I am completely obsessed with zebra print because it’s fun, and this is an easy way to have that element without having to commit to a wild pattern.
2) Cardigans: Ribbed Knit Dolman Cardigan from Forever 21
I really love cardigans during the fall because it’s usually cool enough to throw on a cardigan in the evening or just for a fun touch to an outfit. I really love this cardigan because it’s gray (which is going to be HUGE this fall…but don’t worry it comes in more colors), and it has a cool lace like underlining that extends past the length of the cardigan. I think that the underlining gives the piece a very famine touch that will instantly dress up any outfit (perfect for those days when you just don’t feel like making an effort…yes we’re all familiar with those types of days).
- Shoes: Fold-Over Bootie from the Bethany Mota collection at Aéropostale
Finally we get to one of the most important items to have in your closet…a really cute boot! I love this boot because it’s cute, it has a fun high heel for all of you that don’t trip over your own feet (unfortunately I am not one of those people who always has the whole coordination thing figured out), and it has a fur lining on the inside (I’m pretty sure about this but I haven’t gotten a chance to look at the product in person). I love that this boot is just so incredibly cute, and the perfect girly touch to any outfit. This is also a boot that you could use for work (dependent of course on where you work) or school.
- All photos and information used in this blog belong to: Forever 21, Sephora, Kate Somerville, Wet Seal, Steve Madden, Bethany Mota, Aéropostale, and all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. If any people, businesses, corporations, agents, publicists, agents, managers, PR agents, investor, or any others that deserve credit were not previously mentioned, credit for their work is now given to them, and their previous absence was purely accidental. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’, we are going to discuss everyone’s FAVORITE part of coming into a new season…NEW FASHION!!! Since today is officially the first day of fall (aka when you can officially start binging on pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks), I thought that this was the perfect opportunity to do a ‘fall fashions’ blog post. Now I know that weather conditions vary depending on where you live, so I’m going to try to show y’all outfits that will keep you toasty, but aren’t boiling hot (you can alter it depending on what the weather is like in your neighborhood). I also tried to make these outfits school/parent approved. Hope y’all enjoy!
- Lace Trimmed Open Knit Sweater from Forever 21: I really loved this sweater because it’s lightweight, but still has a very “fall time” feel to it. The lace trim is also very cute, and something that keeps this sweater in style, so you can continue to wear it through the winter.
- ‘Matelassé’ Skater Skirt from Forever 21: I really like this skirt because it’s flowy, comfortable, and a way to incorporate our summer wardrobe into the fall season.
- Buckled Riding Boots from American Eagle: Ok, once fall hits, I become completely obsessed with boots. I really love these riding boots because they give the outfit a very polished look, and provide a nice balance to the skater skirt, which will keep you nice and toasty.
- Jet Set Logo Tote by Michael Kors : I love that this bag has a very classic look, and really adds sophistication to any look. A good bag is one of the most important accessories you can have, and this one gives off an “adult” vibe that is perfect for class or work.
- Knee High Socks from Aéropostale: I really loved these knee-high socks because they add warmth to the outfit, but also help the style stay cute and sophisticated.
- ‘Bart Simpson’ Chalkboard Tank from Wet Seal: Seriously who doesn’t love ‘The Simpson’?!? So why not be the coolest kid in school and show your that YOU are the biggest ‘Simpsons’ fangirl! If it’s too cold to wear a sleeveless shirt where you live, then you can add a simple black cardigan or jacket over the shirt so you don’t freeze.
- Plaid and Floral Leggings from Forever 21: I like these leggings for the look because, they incorporate the plaid look that was popular this summer (and is going to continue in the fall). The leggings also have a light floral pattern on them, which adds an interesting flair to the outfit.
- ‘Troopa’ Boots by Steve Madden: I like that these boots don’t have any embellishments, so they don’t clash with the leggings and tank. I definitely think that everyone should have a simple pair of boots like these, because you can pair them with a variety of outfits throughout the fall and winter seasons.
- ‘Fancy Footwork Emanuelle’ Cross-Body Bag by Kate Spade: This bag is perfect for all of the music lovers out there! The keyboard design is very cool, and will definitely make your outfit stand out this year. I also like that the crossbody design makes this bag easy to wear during day to day activities, but will also give any outfit a stylish flair.
- Stud Baseball Cap from Claire’s: I thought that this hat was the perfect finishing touch for this edgy look. The golden studs bring a nice complementary color to the leggings and tank, and add a cool edge to this outfit.
- ‘Clothes Before Bros’ sweater from Forever 21: Ok, can we just take a moment to discuss how awesome the wording on this sweater is! Now if you’re a fangirl of ‘One Tree Hill’ (I know you all are), then you’ll remember that ‘Clothes Before Bros’ was the name of Brooke’s clothing line on the show. Now I’m not 100% sure that that’s what this sweater was inspired by, but it’s still really cool. The sweater is also comfortable, light-weight, and something you can throw on when you’re running late, or just don’t feel like dressing up, but still want to look cute.
- Heart Printed Leggings from Wet Seal: I liked these leggings because they’re covered with white hearts that add a girly vibe to this casual outfit without any extra effort needed. The leggings are also comfortable, and perfect for school, hanging out with friends, or a date with a pizza and Netflix (just remember, pizza and Netflix is the solution to all life’s problems).
- White Sneakers from Converse: Ok, I know that there’s that rule about not wearing white after Labor Day, but rules were made to be broken right?!? Right. Personally I love wearing converse sneakers because they’re cute and casual, which makes them the perfect shoe for anyone who doesn’t want sore feet.
- ‘Dover Street Saffiano Leather Bucket Bag’ from Kenneth Cole: As soon as I saw this bag, I fell in love with it because it’s easy to carry on all of your daily tasks, and it has enough room for you to take your entire life (aka your phone) anywhere you go. What’s really great about this bag is that it’s casual enough for school/work, but functional and fashionable enough for meetings and after school/work activities.
- Mini Lace Bow Hair Clip Blue from Claire’s: Lastly, we have the perfect finishing touch for any casual look. If you’re running late or just don’t feel like putting any effort into your look, then you can put your hair into a ponytail or half-up half down look, and add this power clip as the perfect finishing touch. Don’t you love it when fashion is practical and cute!
While I hope y’all enjoyed the looks! Remember that if it’s colder where you live then you can always add a cardigan or jacket, and if it’s hotter, you can substitute shorts or tank tops/short sleeved shirts. Have a fun fall people of the internet!!!
- All photos and information used in this blog belong to Forever 21, American Eagle, Michael Kors, Aéropostale, Wet Seal, Steve Madden, Kate Spade, Claire’s, Converse, Kenneth Cole, and all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. If any people, businesses, corporations, agents, publicists, agents, managers, PR agents, investor, or any others that deserve credit were not previously mentioned, credit for their work is now given to them, and their previous absence was purely accidental. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we will be discussing possible Thanksgiving Day wardrobe options that will help you look fashionable but also be comfortable. Turkey day can often be a hard day to dress for because you need to be comfortable enough to eat the Turkey, various pies, stuffing (ok this is making me hungry), but you also have to look cute, in case any family members want to snap a photo when you’re not looking (this means if they catch you with your mouth full, at least people will be looking at your cool outfit). Now I know that not all of us have the same style, so I’ve come up with three outfit choices that might suit each of your particular tastes. Let’s go!!!!!
- Pink sparkly dress from Forever 21: This is a good option because pink looks flattering on a variety of skin tones (however it may not necessarily look good on every hair color, so BEWARE).
- Black & White Ombré cardigan from Forever 21: I really like this piece, because it includes the ombré trend that was hot this summer, and the cardigancan be used to add warmth if you get chilly, but is also removable if it becomes too hot. I also think that the color is a good change from the standard black or grey cardigan.
- ‘Fergalicious’ heels from Famous Footwear: I really loved how these heels went so well with the top portion of the dress, and what dress is complete without heels right!?
- Quilted Crossbody Bag from PacSun: This cute bag is the perfect finishing touch to your dressy outfit. It’s small so your outfit won’t look overwhelmed, but there is enough room for your phone, makeup, or any other necessary items.
- Blue leggings from Forever 21. I love these leggings because they’re bright so they stand out but they also give you the comfort of sweatpants.
- Oversized space sweatshirt from PacSun: This sweater looks so cute, yet it gives you the ability to eat as much as you want, and still keep you from feeling self conscious about it (Yay! More food!).
- Black and white Nike sneakers from Footlocker: These shoes give you the ability to relax or run around outside with family or friends so you can enjoy your day without foot pain (YES!!!!!).
- White Steve Madden bag (optional): This piece isn’t 100% necessary for this look, but if you need a place to keep your phone, makeup, etc. then this bag is perfect for you.
- Zebra print skinny jeans from H&M: These jeans will definitely stand out, which is an easy way to add a cool vibe to an outfit.
- ‘Sesame Street’ muscle shirt from Forever 21: I know it might be a little too cold for a sleeveless shirt but you can wear a black long sleeved shirt underneath it, or wear a cardigan or a biker jacket like the one mentioned a little later on. On a side note, how cute are the ‘Sesame Street’ puppets reenacting a famous ‘Beatles’ pose!
- Studded Ankle Boots from Forever 21: If you want to easily add edge to an outfit, studs are the way to go.
- Black oversized biker jacket from TopShop: This jacket can keep you toasty when you go outside, and if you get too wear, you can take it off and show everyone your awesome ‘Sesame Street’ shirt.
- Black fringe Steve Madden tote bag from Dillard’s: This bag is just the perfect way to complete your look…and the pattern is so cool!
- All photos and information used in this blog belong to Nike, Forever 21, Famous Footwear, PacSun, Footlocker, Steve Madden, Sesame Street, TopShop, Dillard’s, and all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.