Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday; we are going to continue our Halloween series by talking about one of the most important parts of Halloween (no not the candy, although that is VERY important), we’re going to talk about Halloween costumes! We’re VERY close to October 31st, so if you don’t already have your Halloween costume ready then these videos will help you out. Most of the videos don’t involve too much extra work, except #1 which involves some sewing. So now let’s get to the costumes! Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
3) The first video that we’re going to talk about is the ’30 Last-minute DIY Halloween Costume Ideas’ by CloeCouture, which was uploaded on October 25th, 2014. I really loved this video because it is such a cool and creative video. Most of the costumes are made up of stuff you can either buy or make easily, and there are so many costumes in the video that I’m sure you’ll find something that you’ll fall in love with. Whether you want your costume this year to look cute, unique, or you want to look like your favorite TV/movie/book character or pop culture figure, you’ll find the PERFECT costume for you. Also, the video is EXTREMELY entertaining to watch, so it’s definitely one you don’t want to miss!
2) Next up we have the ‘DIY Last Minute Easy & Cheap Halloween Costume Ideas for Teens’ by Alexa Mae video, which was uploaded on October 16th, 2015. Alexa is a YouTuber that we’ve spoken about before (you can check out that blog post here:YouTube Wednesday: Alexa Mae…the new YouTuber that you will spend your whole spring break obsessing over), and this video just continues to prove what an amazing guru she has become. In this video she shows us how to easily make 3 costumes that will be perfect for anyone who wants a unique/cute look this Halloween. My personal favorite is the popcorn costume, but they’re all AMAZING so definitely check this one out.
1) ‘DIY “THE DRESS”/DRESSGATE HALLOWEEN COSTUME’ by TheSorryGirls, which was uploaded on October 15th, 2015. Ok y’all it’s back, THE DRESS. You know the dress that divided the internet, and haunted our nightmares for weeks, yup that dress. As soon as I saw this video I knew that it had to make the list because this costume is just so amazing. It does require some sewing, but this costume is so worth it. If you want a super unique video that will give your friends a laugh this Halloween then definitely check out this video.
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we are going to do something a little different. I thought that since it’s almost Halloween (Yay!!!!), we could talk about 3 amazing makeup tutorial videos that will help you add that special finishing touch to your costume this year. These videos vary in difficulty, but I would definitely give the looks a test run before Halloween (also make sure that you’re not allergic or have any sensitivity to any of the makeup/wax/etc. that the looks may need). I tried to rate these depending on how difficult the look is to replicate (even though the last two are about equal in terms of difficulty). Now let’s get to the looks. Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
3) ‘CLAW WOUND SFX Makeup Tutorial’ by Kait Nichole, which was uploaded on October 12th, 2015. I thought that this would be a good video to kick things off with because it’s a cool way to really make any costume stand out. This look is very detailed so you will have to take your time with this one if you want it to look amazing however, it might be easier to do than the other two looks because it’s on the arm and not the face. In this video Kait does an INCREDIBLE job of explaining exactly how to replicate this wound, so I would definitely give it a try.
2) ‘Reptile Ringmaster Circus Freak Halloween Makeup Tutorial’ by Jordan Hanz, which was uploaded on October 12th, 2015 (I didn’t notice until after I chose the videos that this video and the claw wound video were uploaded on the same day. That’s kind of cool right?). As soon as I saw this look I just completely fell in love with how awesome it is. Now this look is also very detailed so again you have to have patience, but the payoff for the work looks to incredible for words. If you want a unique look that will definitely be Instagram worthy then this is a look to consider. Jordan does a really great job of explaining every step, so even though this may look a little intimidating, just follow her instructions and you’ll look AMAZING.
1) ‘Trippy Double Vision Makeup Look’ by dope2111, which was uploaded on September 17th, 2015. Like I said before, it was EXTREMELY hard to pick a winner for the #1 and #2 spots, but because this is a REALLY different sort of Halloween look, it won. I know that A LOT of you have probably already seen this video, but if you really want a look that will freak out your friends then this is the way to go. This is another look that takes patience to replicate because you want it to look as real as possible. The process is explained so well in this video, so I would definitely give this tutorial a shot. This is a really good look to show off your creativity, because you can build a scary or cute look around it, but still get the creepy factor in either way.
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we’re going to continue our Back To School trend and talk about a YouTuber that will help you make AMAZING DIY projects. With school right around the corner you have to save all the money that you can because school supplies, clothes, books, and everything else is expensive (and of course you gotta go to school looking cute). So if you wanna go to school with inexpensive, unique, cute supplies, t-shirts, or room décor (or dorm décor for anybody in college), then please read on to see why ‘DIYlover89’ will be your new fav YouTube channel. Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
The first video that we’re going to talk about is DIYlover’s ‘Instagram/Polaroid magnets!!’ video, which was uploaded on January 15th, 2014 (you can check it out below). This is a really cool video that will show you how to take your favorite Instagram memories, and make them into cool magnets that will make your room or locker look completely unique. Bonus points, these magnets will also hold your important papers so you won’t lose anything! The next video that we’re going to talk about is DIYlover’s ‘DIY Tumblr inspired room décor ideas!’ video, which was uploaded on July 19th, 2014. This video has 3 projects that you can do in order to end up with cool pillows and room décor that will make your room Insta & Tumblr approved. The video takes you step by step through each project so any one can follow and end up with an incredible product that your friends will all freak out over.
Next up we have the ‘DIY phone cases designs’ video, which was uploaded on March 20th, 2015. Now we all know that your phone case is a HUGE part of your Back To School style. You definitely want a lot of phone cases that will help take your outfits to a new level because your phone is one of your greatest accessories. This video will show you how to make super cute phone cases that are inexpensive, and completely customizable, so you can add your own style make them the cases however you want them to be. The last video that we’re going to talk about is the ‘DIY Back To School Ideas & Supplies’, which was uploaded on July 25th, 2015 (you can check out the video below). This video will show you how to make cool pencil holders, customized pencils & glue sticks, keychains, paper clips, and bookmarks, all inspired by some of the summer’s hottest movies. These are super easy/fun projects that you can do in order to have unique school supplies that everyone will be jealous of, or you can get your friends together, and go to school with really awesome matching school supplies that no one else will have. The possibilities are truly endless!!!
Keep up with everything DIYlover is doing:
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we are going to discuss the color of the year. I was really excited when Marsala was chosen as the official 2015 color of the year, so I thought that it would be fun to discuss different ways that you can add this color to your wardrobe so you can rock the color of the year in any season. Remember that you can always add more or less of this color depending on your outfit, however the color is in a deep red wine hue, so it is a little more suited for the fall and winter. Also I tried to find items for y’all that were as close to the hue of Marsala as possible. Ok ready? Let’s get into the fashion!
Winter: Peacoat from monroeandmain.com
I really love this peacoat because it’s cute and definitely looks like it can keep you warm (I mean isn’t it great when you don’t have to sacrifice style for comfort!). It’s the perfect piece to wear over a dress to a special occasion, and will also dress up a casual outfit. Since were not very far into the winter season, this is the PERFECT time to invest in a piece like this.
Spring: Metalshine Liquid Eyeliner from Sephora
I felt that this color would be harder to pull off in the spring because springtime is all about bright, fun colors, so I thought that this eyeliner would be an interesting way to use the color. The spring is the perfect season to experiment with your eyeliner color, so this color could make a rally unique look for parties with family/friends.
Summer: Fringe Cross Body Bag from somethingmadison.com
I really love the idea of incorporating fringe into your summer looks, because it gives off that whole boho, music festival kind of vibe that’s really fun. I love the tribal pattern on the flap of this bag, and the fact that the fringe and the rest of the bag is solid Marsala. This is a really fun bag that will go with just about every summer OOTD (outfit of the day).
Fall: Zoya ‘Pepper’ Nail Polish from artofbeauty.com
I really love a dark lip or nail during the fall (and winter), so I thought that this polish was a good choice. This is also the perfect way for you to try out the color without having to fully commit. Nail polish is also usually pretty inexpensive and easy to find, so you can experiment with the color of the year without having to spend all of your money (because let’s be honest, you HAVE to have to keep your Starbucks budget intact).
All seasons: Skater Skirt from ebay.com
I really loved this skater skirt, and thought that it was another fun way to easily bring the color of the year into your wardrobe. A skater skirt is very easy to dress up or down, and is appropriate and cute for a lot of different situations and occasions, so it’s definitely a staple piece to add to your closet in 2015. This skirt is perfect for spring or summer as it is, and with the addition of tights or leggings could also be added into you fall or winter style.