Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we are going to discuss our ‘2014 Winter Lookbook’. With Christmas and New Years Eve on the way, I thought that this was the perfect opportunity to start thinking about what cute outfit you want to wear in all of your holiday selfies. Usually in the lookbooks, we show casual, girly, and edgy looks, but this time I thought it would be fun to switch things up and style trendy, grungy, and preppy looks. Remember that you can mix and match the various looks, add accessories, or make various other changes depending on your personal style, and what the weather is like where you are. So let’s jump into it!
- White faux fur jacket from H&M:
I love this jacket for a trendy look, because it’s warm, comfortable, and instantly adds a touch of class to every outfit. This jacket is perfect for any holiday party, and isn’t real fur, so it’s animal friendly.
- Black open back maxi dress from the Kendall and Kylie Collection at Pac Sun:
Crop tops were HUGE this year, so this dress is an easy way to take the trend and transition it into the winter season. The slit in the front adds a flirty touch to the dress (perfect to lure in a midnight kiss from that special someone on New Year’s Eve).
- Black and White colored blocked ankle strap pumps from Forever 21:
Adding the color block trend always gives an extra touch of coolness to any outfit, so these shoes are the perfect thing to easily color-coordinate your outfit without simply adding a solid colored shoe.
- Rhinestone Bib Necklace from Forever 21:
I love this chunky necklace because it’s an easy way to add a cute accessory to your outfit without having to try to hard (gotta love easy fashion!).
- Madison Evening Belles Ambrose clutch from Kate Spade:
No trendy look would be complete without a cute clutch, and with the cool jewels on this one, you will feel like you’re carrying stars with you wherever you go.
- Fishnet-Paneled Textured Top from Forever 21:
This top is perfect if you want to try out the crop top trend that was really popular all year. The partially concealed cutout in the front of the top really gives it a touch of edge, which makes it perfect for any event you have scheduled this holiday season.
- Gypsy Warrior Super High Rise Lace Up Skinniest Jeans from Pac Sun:
I really liked these jeans because the lace up front is an interesting touch, and will definitely add a little more style to this or any other crop top you want to pair it with.
- Vintage Wash Denim Jacket:
Who doesn’t love a jean jacket right? This is the perfect piece to give the outfit a 90s grunge feel, and the best part is you can turn the jacket into a DIY project by drawing on it, adding cool embelishments, or ripping it. I’ve been looking at some christmas embroidery designs to add to my denim jacket. I think it’ll look super cute! Christmas is my favorite holiday so I’m planning on creating a Christmas-themed denim jacket that I can wear all throughout December. I’m thinking about buying some Santa embroidery patches but I’m still deciding which other designs to get. As long as it looks Christmassy I don’t mind!
- Payyton black suede booties from Steve Madden:
This boot has a smallish heel which is perfect for anyone who is hated by all heels (like me), and the fringe adds a very 1970s vintage edge to the look. This boot is also versatile enough to pair with a lot of other outfits so it’s a good staple piece to have.
- Ecote Embellished Small Shoulder Bag from Urban Outfitters:
This cross-body bag has a lot of very cool golden colored jewels all around it, that go along perfectly with the vintage grunge vibe this outfit has. It’s also small enough to carry with you anywhere, but big enough to hold all your essentials (I mean how could we survive without Instagram and Twitter?).
- Statement beanie from Wet Seal:
This Customized Wear offering awesome baseball caps adds a fun laid-back vibe to the outfit that is perfect if your hair isn’t cooperating.
- Contrast Collar Plaid Shift Dress from Forever 21:
Flannels were really in during the fall, so this dress is an easy way to transition this style into the winter season.
- Black Brocade Tights from the Bethany Mota Collection at Aéropostale:
These tights are the perfect way to keep you warm this winter season, and the light rose pattern they have on them add a really cute touch to the outfit.
- White and Black Marled Tweed Bomber Jacket from Forever 21:
This jacket is the perfect way to warm up this look, and not compete with the pattern of the plaid. It’s another item that is versatile, so it can become a stale piece in your wardrobe.
- Slipified Flat from Kenneth Cole Reaction:
I love this flat because it has the color locking of an oxford shoe, but the versatility of a flat (you gotta love items that you can use in various style combinations).
- All photos and information used in this blog belong to H&M, Pac Sun, Forever 21, Kate Spade, Wet Seal, Steve Madden, Urban Outfitters, Bethany Mota, The Bethany Mota Collection, Aéropostale, Kenneth Cole Reaction, and all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. If any people, corporations, businesses, companies, etc, were not previously given credit for their work, they are given credit now and their previous absence was unintentional. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.