Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we’re going to discuss an AMAZING new video that will definitely get you in the Halloween spirit! Now I know that we usually discuss channels, not individual videos, but there is so much to discuss with this video that it needs its’ own blog post. If you haven’t seen the ‘Slashstreet Boys -I’ll Kill You That Way’ video by the channel ‘The Merkins’ then be prepared to have your mind blown! I will throw in a quick disclaimer that there is some profanity in this video that may not be appropriate for all ages so please proceed with caution. Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
So you may be asking, “What’s the deal with this video?”. Well if you love The Backstreet Boys and/or famous Halloween villains Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Ghostface, Michael Myers, & Leatherface then this is the video you’ve been waiting your whole life for! In this video the guys do an amazing job of changing the lyrics of ‘I Want It That Way’ by The Backstreet Boys into a really funny Halloween themed version that uses lyrics that relate to each of these character’s individual movies. These lyrics provide the perfect Easter eggs (aka hints for those who don’t speak internet) for horror film fans. Also, even though not all of the actors in the video sing, the guys who provided the vocals for this parody have really good voices. I honestly would love to see covers from these guys because their vocals are just that good!
Lastly, I wanted to discuss the meticulous details that this parody video contains. If you are a Backstreet Boys fan then you remember that epic ‘I Want It That Way’ video. I mean we have the airport scenes, the screaming fan scenes, & of course those famous white outfits. Unforgettable right? Well ‘I’ll Kill You That Way’ does an impeccable job of mimicking these scenes as close as possible. In the parody video we get very similar dance moves (only this time split between a airport & the woods), the screaming fans who love our villains, & of course those famous white outfits. If you’re a Backstreet Boys fan then you’ll definitely appreciate the effort put into this video.
You can keep up with everything The Merkins are doing here:
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday; we are going to continue our Halloween series by talking about one of the most important parts of Halloween (no not the candy, although that is VERY important), we’re going to talk about Halloween costumes! We’re VERY close to October 31st, so if you don’t already have your Halloween costume ready then these videos will help you out. Most of the videos don’t involve too much extra work, except #1 which involves some sewing. So now let’s get to the costumes! Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
3) The first video that we’re going to talk about is the ’30 Last-minute DIY Halloween Costume Ideas’ by CloeCouture, which was uploaded on October 25th, 2014. I really loved this video because it is such a cool and creative video. Most of the costumes are made up of stuff you can either buy or make easily, and there are so many costumes in the video that I’m sure you’ll find something that you’ll fall in love with. Whether you want your costume this year to look cute, unique, or you want to look like your favorite TV/movie/book character or pop culture figure, you’ll find the PERFECT costume for you. Also, the video is EXTREMELY entertaining to watch, so it’s definitely one you don’t want to miss!
2) Next up we have the ‘DIY Last Minute Easy & Cheap Halloween Costume Ideas for Teens’ by Alexa Mae video, which was uploaded on October 16th, 2015. Alexa is a YouTuber that we’ve spoken about before (you can check out that blog post here:YouTube Wednesday: Alexa Mae…the new YouTuber that you will spend your whole spring break obsessing over), and this video just continues to prove what an amazing guru she has become. In this video she shows us how to easily make 3 costumes that will be perfect for anyone who wants a unique/cute look this Halloween. My personal favorite is the popcorn costume, but they’re all AMAZING so definitely check this one out.
1) ‘DIY “THE DRESS”/DRESSGATE HALLOWEEN COSTUME’ by TheSorryGirls, which was uploaded on October 15th, 2015. Ok y’all it’s back, THE DRESS. You know the dress that divided the internet, and haunted our nightmares for weeks, yup that dress. As soon as I saw this video I knew that it had to make the list because this costume is just so amazing. It does require some sewing, but this costume is so worth it. If you want a super unique video that will give your friends a laugh this Halloween then definitely check out this video.
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we are going to do something a little different. I thought that since it’s almost Halloween (Yay!!!!), we could talk about 3 amazing makeup tutorial videos that will help you add that special finishing touch to your costume this year. These videos vary in difficulty, but I would definitely give the looks a test run before Halloween (also make sure that you’re not allergic or have any sensitivity to any of the makeup/wax/etc. that the looks may need). I tried to rate these depending on how difficult the look is to replicate (even though the last two are about equal in terms of difficulty). Now let’s get to the looks. Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
3) ‘CLAW WOUND SFX Makeup Tutorial’ by Kait Nichole, which was uploaded on October 12th, 2015. I thought that this would be a good video to kick things off with because it’s a cool way to really make any costume stand out. This look is very detailed so you will have to take your time with this one if you want it to look amazing however, it might be easier to do than the other two looks because it’s on the arm and not the face. In this video Kait does an INCREDIBLE job of explaining exactly how to replicate this wound, so I would definitely give it a try.
2) ‘Reptile Ringmaster Circus Freak Halloween Makeup Tutorial’ by Jordan Hanz, which was uploaded on October 12th, 2015 (I didn’t notice until after I chose the videos that this video and the claw wound video were uploaded on the same day. That’s kind of cool right?). As soon as I saw this look I just completely fell in love with how awesome it is. Now this look is also very detailed so again you have to have patience, but the payoff for the work looks to incredible for words. If you want a unique look that will definitely be Instagram worthy then this is a look to consider. Jordan does a really great job of explaining every step, so even though this may look a little intimidating, just follow her instructions and you’ll look AMAZING.
1) ‘Trippy Double Vision Makeup Look’ by dope2111, which was uploaded on September 17th, 2015. Like I said before, it was EXTREMELY hard to pick a winner for the #1 and #2 spots, but because this is a REALLY different sort of Halloween look, it won. I know that A LOT of you have probably already seen this video, but if you really want a look that will freak out your friends then this is the way to go. This is another look that takes patience to replicate because you want it to look as real as possible. The process is explained so well in this video, so I would definitely give this tutorial a shot. This is a really good look to show off your creativity, because you can build a scary or cute look around it, but still get the creepy factor in either way.
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we are going to talk about an AMAZING YouTuber that you need to be subscribed to right now! We all love YouTube for various reasons. Maybe you like cool brauty or fashion gurus who know all about the latest styles and trends. Maybe you like checking our lifestyle channels where you can get a mix of everything. Well Victoria aka Inthefrow (which stands for In the front row), has you covered in all three areas. She started off as a beauty, fashion, lifestyle blogger, but has quickly risen to YouTube stardom. So now let’s discuss why you’re about to become so addicted to this channel. Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
The first video that we’re going to talk about is Inthefrow’s ‘Get Ready With Me Every Day Makeup’ video which was uploaded on October 28th, 2013. This is a really good introduction to Victoria’s channel, because you get a great sense of her personality and style. In this video Victoria goes through the routine in an easy step by step process so we can all easily create her look. You gotta love a YouTube who proves that they know their craft. The next video that we’re going to talk about is Victoria’s ‘How to: Pink Hair and Hair Extensions’ video, which was uploaded on March 23rd, 2014 (you can check out the video below). This is a really cool video that is perfect for anyone who wants to switch up their hair color. If you’ve ever wanted to try pink hair, or hair extensions (because you learn about those in this video too) then you gotta check this out. This is a really unique video that shows that Victoria is a not only a knowledgeable YouTuber, but that her channel is the place to go for interesting videos.
The next video that we’re going to talk about is Victoria’s ‘Tiger Halloween Makeup Tutorial’, which was uploaded on October 28th, 2014 (you can check out the video below). Let me start off by saying that this is one of the coolest makeup videos that you’ll ever see! In this video, Victoria gives us a step by step tutorial so you can perfectly recreate this amazing tiger look. There are a lot of steps involved so I would practice this before Halloween so you can impress your friends (and everyone on Instagram) with how awesome you look. The final video that we’re going to talk about is Victoria’s ‘Smart Workwear Lookbook ad’ video, which was uploaded on September 16th, 2015. This video really shows how far Victoria’s channel has grown, and how her style has perfected over the years. If you want to look cute at work then you really need to check this video out. No matter what you personal style is, you will find a look that is stylish and work approved (see become an adult doesn’t mean your clothes hasve to be boring).
Keep up with everything Inthefrow is doing:
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we are going to discuss an AMAZING YouTuber that I know y’all will become addicted to. If you love experimenting with cool and new makeup looks, or want to know how to perfectly recreate fun looks (BTW some of these looks are PERFECT for Halloween), then Kayla (aka urbandekaybabe) is the beauty guru for you! I recently discovered her channel, and now I have been replaying her videos for days. Please read on to learn all about urbandekaybabe.
The first video that we’re going to talk about is Kayla’s ‘Spring Inspired Makeup’, which was uploaded on May 8th, 2013 (you can check out the video here: Spring Inspired Makeup ). This video really impressed me because it has a lot of cool information, and Kayla shows that she is already comfortable in front of the camera. I think that a person’s ability to be entertaining on camera is one of the most important things that a successful YouTuber can master, because it’s not easy to show your personality on screen in a way that will interest viewers. The fact that her personality is able to perfectly shine through, helps her make an instant and long-lasting impression that will continue to bring viewers back to her videos, The next video that we’re going to talk about is Kayla’s Zombie Makeup Tutorial, which was uploaded on October 26th, 2013 (you can check out the video right here: Zombie Makeup Tutorial+some scaring! ). This is honestly one of my favorite videos on her channel (and that’s saying a lot because y’all know how much I LOVE hauls…but we’ll talk more about that later). This video will give you the PERFECT zombie look for Halloween that will impress your friends at any party, and emotionally scar young children (oh but make sure that you’re careful because some of the ingredients could cause allergic reactions to some people, or cause skin damage when you try to remove it. Just make sure that your skin can handle the ingredients BEFORE you put it on your face, and if you are under 18, ask your parents before you try this). I really love how this look seems so real and difficult to do, but if you follow this video, you should be able to replicate it pretty easily. There are also a few other cool Halloween style looks on Kayla’s channel, so definitely check those out if you want to wow all your friends in October!
The next video that we’re going to talk about is Kayla’s ‘Huge Haul’ video (oh you knew a haul video was coming!). This video was uploaded on January 31st, 2014, and you can check out the video right here: HUGE Haul!- Michael Kors, Forever 21+ More! . As much as I love haul videos, I really really love BIG haul videos! I really love that these kinds of videos allow you to “shop” without having to actually spend money, and you can discover new sales, products, and stores that you might have never known about otherwise. Another reason why I like watching haul videos when I’m looking for YouTubers to profile on here, is because it’s not for everyone to just sit, talk about what they bought, and keep their audience engaged in the video the entire time. I think that if you have the ability to do this, then there is a big chance that you can become a YouTube star. Kayla is a perfect example of this, because she is able to keep you interested in what she is saying, and before long you completely forget how long you’ve been watching the video (and this particular video is a little over 21 minutes long, so you know she has to be interesting to hold our attention for that long). Lastly, I really love that Kayla showcases a variety of stores and products/styles in her hauls, because this will help her better connect with her viewers. I think that a true guru is able to show how you can make a variety of styles and looks work, and Kayla does this perfectly! The last video that we’re going to talk about is her ‘Lazy Day Hairstyles’ video, which was uploaded on January 23rd, 2015 (you can find a link to it here: Lazy Day Hairstyles ). I really like that this video shows cute hair styles that are different than your typical pony tail or top kit, but are also simple enough to complete in a short period of time. With winter now upon us, it can be hard to get up early and fix your hair in a cute style for work or school (I mean we would all rather take the extra time to sleep and pray for a snow day right?). These hair styles will spice up any outfit (so you can spend less time searching through your closet and more time sleeping…yay!), and is the perfect way to really shake up your winter style. So now that you’re completely obsessed with Kayla’s channel (because you know you are), please subscribe to her on YouTube, and look below too follow her various social media accounts.
Keep Up With Everything Kayla is doing:
YouTube: urbandekaybabe – YouTube
Instagram: Kayla (@urbandekaybabe)