Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we are going to discuss the 2014 YouTube Rewind (here’s the link for y’all YouTube Rewind: Turn Down for 2014)! Now if you don’t know, every year YouTube releases a cool video where they highlight the biggest YouTube songs, events, videos, etc. of the year, and the video has numerous cameos from your fav YouTube stars. These videos honestly amaze me more and more every year, because of the creativity, hard work, and awesomeness that goes into all of these videos. So please read keep reading to find out why I know that y’all will love this video! Ready? Let’s go!
The video includes YouTube stars such as: Bethany Mota, Amanda Steele (MakeupbyMandy24), AmazingPhil, Brittani Louise Taylor, Connor Franta, Epic Rap Battles, Hannah Hart, Grace Helbig, and so many more! There were also SO many popular songs featured such as: ‘Turn Down For What’ by DJ Snake & Lil Jon (link here: DJ Snake, Lil Jon – Turn Down for What ), ‘Fancy’ by Iggy Azalea (link here: Iggy Azalea – Fancy (Explicit) ft. Charli XCX – YouTube), #SELFIE’ by The Chainsmokers, (here’s a link: #SELFIE (Official Music Video) – The Chainsmokers) ‘Happy’ by Pharrell Williams (link: Pharrell Williams – Happy (Official Music Video), ‘All About That Bass’ by Meghan Trainor (here’s a link: Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass – YouTube), and lots of our other favs from 2014. We also got to see recreations of some of this year’s most popular viral videos and events such as: the ‘First Kiss’ Video which was uploaded by Tatia Pllieva (I got a link for ya: FIRST KISS), the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (which was uploaded by basically everyone), and lots of other really awesome videos. What I loved most about this rewind video, is that it had really cool transitions with the music and the different scenes, and that it felt like a really epic music video, not just a mix of various video clips. There was also another really cool segment where different YouTubers performed ‘Let It Go’ from Frozen, while they stood in front of a cool snowy mountain background and drew with snow in the air. I honestly LOVED the special effects in this scene, because it really felt like a scene from a movie, it was just so cool. I also thought that the ending was perfect (which was a “how it should of ended’ segment, because it left the vide on a hilarious ending note. Just perfect! It was so cool to see a visual yearbook of YouTube and pop culture events, because you realize how much can happen and change in a year.
So what did y’all think of the 2014 YouTube Rewind? Personally this one was so good that it made me excited for the next year’s video. I can’t wait to see what AMAZING music and YouTube acts will be featured! What do you think next year’s video is going to be like? The one thing we can predict is that if 2014 was so big and impactful, 2015 is going to be even crazier.
- All photos and information used in this blog belong to YouTube, DJ Snake, Lil Jon, Iggy Azalea, Charli XCX, The Chainsmokers, Pharrell Williams, Meghan Trainor, Tatia Pllieva, The Amyotrophic Lateral Scierosis Association and all of it’s sponsors and affiliates, Columbia Records, Island Records, Amethyst Kelly, Charlotte Aitchison, George Astasio, Jason Pebworth, Jon Shave, Kurtis McKenzie, The Invisible Men, the Arcade, 604 Records, Dim Mak Records, Andrew Taggart, Back Lot Music, I Am Other, Columbia Records, Epic Records, Kevin Kadish, WREN studios, Soko, 9to5google.com, Frozen, Walt Disney Corporation, Idina Menzel, Hollywood Records, Kristen ANderson-Lopez, Robert Lopez, Action Movie Kid, Aichi Ono, Amanda Steele, AmazingPhil , Andy Raconte,, Anil B. Ape Crime, Apollos Hester, Barely Political, Bart Baker, Bethany Mota, Big Bird, Bilingirl, Brett Nichols, Brittani Louise Taylor, Carrie Fletcher, Chris Hardwick, Colin Furze, Conan O’Brien, Conchita Wurst, Connor Franta, Corridor Digital, Cyprien, daaruum, danisnotonfire, Devil Baby, Dodie Clark, Ella Caney-Willis, Enjoy, Phoenix, Epic Rap Battles, Evan Edinger, fouseyTUBE, Freddie W, Gabriel Valenciano, Gal Volinez, Grace Helbig, Hajime, Hannah Hart, Heart, Hello Denizen, Hikakin, HolaSoyGerman, How It Should Have Ended, IISuperwomanII, iJustine, Ingrid Nilsen, iTakahashi, JennXPenn, Jenna Marbles, Jimmy Kimmel, John Oliver, Kacy Catanzaro, Kid President, Kingsley, Kosuke, Kurt Hugo Schneider, Le Floid, Luke Cutforth, Mamiruton, Manako (Q’ulle), MasuoTV, Matt Bittner, Max Murai, Michelle Phan, Mika Shindate, Niki Albon, PDS, Pentatonix, PewDiePie, PrankvsPrank, Raphael Gomes, Rhett & Link, Rosanna Pansino, Sadie Miller, Sam Tsui, Sami Slimani, Sammy Albon, Sasaki Asahi, Seikin, Sione Vaka Kelepi, Sir Fedora, SkyDoesMinecraft, Smosh, Stephen Colbert, Steve Kardynal, Stuart Edge, The Fine Bros, The Gregory Brothers, The Slow Mo Guys, Troye Sivan, Tyler Oakley, VlogBrothers, Vsauce2, Vsauce3, WORLD ORDER, and all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. If any people, corporations, businesses, companies, etc, were not previously given credit for their work, they are given credit now and their previous absence was unintentional. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’, we are going to discuss everyone’s FAVORITE part of coming into a new season…NEW FASHION!!! Since today is officially the first day of fall (aka when you can officially start binging on pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks), I thought that this was the perfect opportunity to do a ‘fall fashions’ blog post. Now I know that weather conditions vary depending on where you live, so I’m going to try to show y’all outfits that will keep you toasty, but aren’t boiling hot (you can alter it depending on what the weather is like in your neighborhood). I also tried to make these outfits school/parent approved. Hope y’all enjoy!
- Lace Trimmed Open Knit Sweater from Forever 21: I really loved this sweater because it’s lightweight, but still has a very “fall time” feel to it. The lace trim is also very cute, and something that keeps this sweater in style, so you can continue to wear it through the winter.
- ‘Matelassé’ Skater Skirt from Forever 21: I really like this skirt because it’s flowy, comfortable, and a way to incorporate our summer wardrobe into the fall season.
- Buckled Riding Boots from American Eagle: Ok, once fall hits, I become completely obsessed with boots. I really love these riding boots because they give the outfit a very polished look, and provide a nice balance to the skater skirt, which will keep you nice and toasty.
- Jet Set Logo Tote by Michael Kors : I love that this bag has a very classic look, and really adds sophistication to any look. A good bag is one of the most important accessories you can have, and this one gives off an “adult” vibe that is perfect for class or work.
- Knee High Socks from Aéropostale: I really loved these knee-high socks because they add warmth to the outfit, but also help the style stay cute and sophisticated.
- ‘Bart Simpson’ Chalkboard Tank from Wet Seal: Seriously who doesn’t love ‘The Simpson’?!? So why not be the coolest kid in school and show your that YOU are the biggest ‘Simpsons’ fangirl! If it’s too cold to wear a sleeveless shirt where you live, then you can add a simple black cardigan or jacket over the shirt so you don’t freeze.
- Plaid and Floral Leggings from Forever 21: I like these leggings for the look because, they incorporate the plaid look that was popular this summer (and is going to continue in the fall). The leggings also have a light floral pattern on them, which adds an interesting flair to the outfit.
- ‘Troopa’ Boots by Steve Madden: I like that these boots don’t have any embellishments, so they don’t clash with the leggings and tank. I definitely think that everyone should have a simple pair of boots like these, because you can pair them with a variety of outfits throughout the fall and winter seasons.
- ‘Fancy Footwork Emanuelle’ Cross-Body Bag by Kate Spade: This bag is perfect for all of the music lovers out there! The keyboard design is very cool, and will definitely make your outfit stand out this year. I also like that the crossbody design makes this bag easy to wear during day to day activities, but will also give any outfit a stylish flair.
- Stud Baseball Cap from Claire’s: I thought that this hat was the perfect finishing touch for this edgy look. The golden studs bring a nice complementary color to the leggings and tank, and add a cool edge to this outfit.
- ‘Clothes Before Bros’ sweater from Forever 21: Ok, can we just take a moment to discuss how awesome the wording on this sweater is! Now if you’re a fangirl of ‘One Tree Hill’ (I know you all are), then you’ll remember that ‘Clothes Before Bros’ was the name of Brooke’s clothing line on the show. Now I’m not 100% sure that that’s what this sweater was inspired by, but it’s still really cool. The sweater is also comfortable, light-weight, and something you can throw on when you’re running late, or just don’t feel like dressing up, but still want to look cute.
- Heart Printed Leggings from Wet Seal: I liked these leggings because they’re covered with white hearts that add a girly vibe to this casual outfit without any extra effort needed. The leggings are also comfortable, and perfect for school, hanging out with friends, or a date with a pizza and Netflix (just remember, pizza and Netflix is the solution to all life’s problems).
- White Sneakers from Converse: Ok, I know that there’s that rule about not wearing white after Labor Day, but rules were made to be broken right?!? Right. Personally I love wearing converse sneakers because they’re cute and casual, which makes them the perfect shoe for anyone who doesn’t want sore feet.
- ‘Dover Street Saffiano Leather Bucket Bag’ from Kenneth Cole: As soon as I saw this bag, I fell in love with it because it’s easy to carry on all of your daily tasks, and it has enough room for you to take your entire life (aka your phone) anywhere you go. What’s really great about this bag is that it’s casual enough for school/work, but functional and fashionable enough for meetings and after school/work activities.
- Mini Lace Bow Hair Clip Blue from Claire’s: Lastly, we have the perfect finishing touch for any casual look. If you’re running late or just don’t feel like putting any effort into your look, then you can put your hair into a ponytail or half-up half down look, and add this power clip as the perfect finishing touch. Don’t you love it when fashion is practical and cute!
While I hope y’all enjoyed the looks! Remember that if it’s colder where you live then you can always add a cardigan or jacket, and if it’s hotter, you can substitute shorts or tank tops/short sleeved shirts. Have a fun fall people of the internet!!!
- All photos and information used in this blog belong to Forever 21, American Eagle, Michael Kors, Aéropostale, Wet Seal, Steve Madden, Kate Spade, Claire’s, Converse, Kenneth Cole, and all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. If any people, businesses, corporations, agents, publicists, agents, managers, PR agents, investor, or any others that deserve credit were not previously mentioned, credit for their work is now given to them, and their previous absence was purely accidental. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.
Hello people of the internet!!! Do you want to look amazing on Valentine’s Day, but you have no idea what to wear!?! I can help you! Check out this gallery, for girly, casual, and edgy/alternative styles.
Red Bandage Dress:
This piece is the first step to achieving a dressy Valentine’s Day look. : I really love this bandage dress for Valentine’s Day because it’s dressy but also not too revealing, so you don’t have to worry about a wardrobe malfunction. This dress is also very flattering to many body types, so you can feel good about yourself wherever you are going. If the temperature is low where you live, you can also add black tights or leggings to the dress.
Red Bow Heels:
I really love these heels because they are a perfect complement to the dress, and they have bows (yes I’m obsessed with bows…but they’re so cute)! You can also substitute the heels for flats if they’re more comfortable/functional for you.
Black Leather Jacket with Fur Rimmed Neck:
Again, this piece is an add-on option if the temperature where you live is low, or will drop as the evening progresses. I really love the fur on this jacket because I feel as if it soften the edgy vibe of the leather.
Heart Shaped Pearl Earrings:
I really like pearl earrings for Valentine’s Day because I feel like they’re classy without being overly flashy. These particular earrings captured my attention because they are in the shape of a heart, which is perfect for the occasion.
Red Bow Clutch:
I really love clutches with dresses because I feel that they are large enough to hold all of your necessities, without being too bulky. This clutch perfectly matched the dress, and the bow matches the bows on the heels.
Red plaid shirt:
A plaid shirt just screams trendy yet casual! I really like this shirt for the casual look, because you can wear it buttoned up, or unbuttoned with a t-shirt underneath. Plaid has been very on trend lately, and it’s an easy way to have a casual alternative to just a plain t-shirt.
Black Skinny Jeans:
I feel like skinny jeans are a stylish yet causal option, and black is also sliming, so your legs will look awesome!
All Red Sneakers:
I LOVE these shoes!!! They are very cool, and sneakers will allow you to have a fun night, without punishing your feet. These shoes are perfect for Valentine’s Day, but they are also great for all seasons, so I think that they are an excellent investment.
Red Bow Headband with Black Polka Dots:
I saw this bow, and just thought that it was soooo cute! I think that this headband is the perfect accessory to add a girly flair to a casual outfit. If it is cold where you live, you can substitute the headband for a black or red beanie.
Red Heart Necklace:
I really love this necklace because it has a red heart, which will add an extra special flair to the look, but it is not overly fancy. I would wear this stone with a long chain, to keep the casual vibe going.
Black Crossbody Fringe Bag:
I really like the fringe on this bag, because it adds a boho vibe to the casual look. I really like crossbody bags with casual looks, because I feel like your outfit determines you mode, and if you’re in a casual, carefree mood, then the last thing you want to do is carry a bag that you have to keep up with. With a crossbody, you can just pack your necessities, put the bag across you, and go.
Red Lace Top:
Want to add a little edge or an alternative flair to you outfit? I think that this top is really cool, and is dressy without looking overly fancy. You can wear a spaghetti strap or strapless shirt underneath, so this shirt stays cute, without being too revealing.
Black Skater Skirt with Suspenders:
I really love this piece because the skater skirt half of it looks fashionable, and the suspenders add a quirky touch. You can tuck in the red lace top, to help the two pieces complement each other.
Red Lace-Up Heels:
Ok, I am in complete awe of this shoes. They are cute, a little edgy, and perfect for numerous different looks. I think these are the kind of shoes that are so versatile, that they are a wardrobe must have.
Black Button Up Cardigan:
This is an optional weather dependent piece, but I think that it complements the outfit perfectly. You can wear this cardigan buttoned up, or unbuttoned.
Red and Black Fedora:
I really love this fedora because it not only goes with the color scheme, but it also adds a cool vibe to the overall outfit, and will definitely help you have a unique look.
Studded Black Bow Chain Purse:
Now we all know that I love bows and studs, so when you put the two together, it’s just magic! This purse is really cool, and is another piece that you can use with numerous looks.
Heart Ear Cuff:
If you’re not a fedora person, then you can pin half of your hair back, and wear a cute ear cuff (remember it is Valentine’s Day, so a heart ear cuff would be the perfect finishing touch).
- All photos and information used in this blog gallery belong to mcberry.co.uk, onlineuparajumpers.com, polyvore.com, thelin.com, etsy.com, and aliexpress.com, joules.com, upscalehype.com, popscreen.com, shoppersadvantage.com, lyst.com, milly-in-w0nd9rl4nd.tumblr.com, us.asos.com, lyst.com, corporette.com, 123rf.com, all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.