Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday; we are going to continue our Halloween series by talking about one of the most important parts of Halloween (no not the candy, although that is VERY important), we’re going to talk about Halloween costumes! We’re VERY close to October 31st, so if you don’t already have your Halloween costume ready then these videos will help you out. Most of the videos don’t involve too much extra work, except #1 which involves some sewing. So now let’s get to the costumes! Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
3) The first video that we’re going to talk about is the ’30 Last-minute DIY Halloween Costume Ideas’ by CloeCouture, which was uploaded on October 25th, 2014. I really loved this video because it is such a cool and creative video. Most of the costumes are made up of stuff you can either buy or make easily, and there are so many costumes in the video that I’m sure you’ll find something that you’ll fall in love with. Whether you want your costume this year to look cute, unique, or you want to look like your favorite TV/movie/book character or pop culture figure (for example, Dolly Parton costume), you could find the PERFECT costume for you. Also, the video is EXTREMELY entertaining to watch, so it’s definitely one you don’t want to miss!
2) Next up we have the ‘DIY Last Minute Easy & Cheap Halloween Costume Ideas for Teens’ by Alexa Mae video, which was uploaded on October 16th, 2015. Alexa is a YouTuber that we’ve spoken about before (you can check out that blog post here:YouTube Wednesday: Alexa Mae…the new YouTuber that you will spend your whole spring break obsessing over), and this video just continues to prove what an amazing guru she has become. In this video she shows us how to easily make 3 costumes that will be perfect for anyone who wants a unique/cute look this Halloween. My personal favorite is the popcorn costume, but they’re all AMAZING so definitely check this one out.
1) ‘DIY “THE DRESS”/DRESSGATE HALLOWEEN COSTUME’ by TheSorryGirls, which was uploaded on October 15th, 2015. Ok y’all it’s back, THE DRESS. You know the dress that divided the internet, and haunted our nightmares for weeks, yup that dress. As soon as I saw this video I knew that it had to make the list because this costume is just so amazing. It does require some sewing, but this costume is so worth it. If you want a super unique video that will give your friends a laugh this Halloween then definitely check out this video.
Hello people of the internet!!! For today’s ‘Monday Memos’, I thought that it would be fun to discuss some of the new shows that we will become addicted to this season. I wanted to create a list that would cover just about everyone, so you’ll be able to find something you like no matter what your personal tastes are. So if you’re ready, let’s countdown the top 4 must-see shows of 2015!
4) Marvel Agent Carter (ABC, premieres January 6th at 8/7c ):
First off we have a new series for all of the Marvel comics fans. The series centers around Peggy Carter, an officer with the Strategic Scientific Reserve, and Captain America’s love interest. According to press releases about the show, her character will be seen balancing work, going on secret missions for Howard Stark (the father of Iron Man, and head of a technological company that focuses manufactures advanced weapon and defense technology), and balancing the adventure of living life as a single woman in the 1940s (because Captain America is presumed to be dead at this point). Whether or not you’re a fan of the comics and superheroes (be it as a big fan of all the DC vs. Marvel analysis or just aware that they exist), I think that everyone will find something that they like about Agent Carter. This show will have romance, suspense, and action, so it’s definitely worth checking out.
3) K.C. Undercover (Disney Channel, premieres January 18th at 8:30/7:30c):
Now this show is the perfect new addition for the young and young at heart! K.C. Undercover centers around a teenage girl named KC, who gets recruited by her parents, to join their spy organization. K.C. and her family soon have to learn how to balance spy work and everyday life. This show stars Disney Channel veteran and Dancing With The Stars runner-up Zendaya Coleman (who previously co-starred on another successful Disney show called Shake It Up). This show sounds like a cool combination of Spy Kids meets Kim Possible, so it’s definitely a show that could quickly become a hit for the network.
2) iZombie (CW, premieres sometime during the network’s midseason lineup):
If you love the supernatural, then you will definitely get into this show. The CW has already proven that it can deliver highly successful shows within this genre (I mean seriously everyone loves The Vampire Diaries). iZombie is about a medical student named Olivia Moore who goes to a party and gets attacked by a zombie, thus turning her into a half-zombie. She then gets a job at the morgue in order to get access to brains that she can eat. When she eats the brains, she begins to receive memories from the person that the brain belonged to, and ends up helping her boss and a police detective figure out how the person died. The show is going to be executive produced by Rob Thomas of Veronica Mars fame (which was a hit and is definitely a plus for the future of iZombie). If you’re a fan of shows like Cold Case then you will definitely love this one.
1) Eye Candy (MTV, premieres January 12th at 10 /9c):
Wrapping up our list is MTV’s newest scripted drama, which stars Victoria Justice as Lindy Sampson, a 21 year old computer hacker who beings to think that one of her online dates is a serial killer. She begins to work with the New York cyber-crimes department to solve murders. Lindy is a street-smart girl who dropped out of college and moved to New York after her younger sister Sara was abducted. She then began using her hacking skills to find her sister and help other people solve their missing persons cases. Things get even more complicated for Lindy when she has to work with Ben, a detective in the cyber-crimes department who previously fell in love and arrested Lindy due to her “unlawful” ways of solving crimes. If you love drama, romance, and suspense then I think that this will be the PERFECT show for you. MTV has been on a roll in the past 3 shows with releasing hits, so that is definitely a plus for this show’s future.