Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday; we are going to continue our Halloween series by talking about one of the most important parts of Halloween (no not the candy, although that is VERY important), we’re going to talk about Halloween costumes! We’re VERY close to October 31st, so if you don’t already have your Halloween costume ready then these videos will help you out. Most of the videos don’t involve too much extra work, except #1 which involves some sewing. So now let’s get to the costumes! Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
3) The first video that we’re going to talk about is the ’30 Last-minute DIY Halloween Costume Ideas’ by CloeCouture, which was uploaded on October 25th, 2014. I really loved this video because it is such a cool and creative video. Most of the costumes are made up of stuff you can either buy or make easily, and there are so many costumes in the video that I’m sure you’ll find something that you’ll fall in love with. Whether you want your costume this year to look cute, unique, or you want to look like your favorite TV/movie/book character or pop culture figure, you’ll find the PERFECT costume for you. Also, the video is EXTREMELY entertaining to watch, so it’s definitely one you don’t want to miss!
2) Next up we have the ‘DIY Last Minute Easy & Cheap Halloween Costume Ideas for Teens’ by Alexa Mae video, which was uploaded on October 16th, 2015. Alexa is a YouTuber that we’ve spoken about before (you can check out that blog post here:YouTube Wednesday: Alexa Mae…the new YouTuber that you will spend your whole spring break obsessing over), and this video just continues to prove what an amazing guru she has become. In this video she shows us how to easily make 3 costumes that will be perfect for anyone who wants a unique/cute look this Halloween. My personal favorite is the popcorn costume, but they’re all AMAZING so definitely check this one out.
1) ‘DIY “THE DRESS”/DRESSGATE HALLOWEEN COSTUME’ by TheSorryGirls, which was uploaded on October 15th, 2015. Ok y’all it’s back, THE DRESS. You know the dress that divided the internet, and haunted our nightmares for weeks, yup that dress. As soon as I saw this video I knew that it had to make the list because this costume is just so amazing. It does require some sewing, but this costume is so worth it. If you want a super unique video that will give your friends a laugh this Halloween then definitely check out this video.
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we are going to do something a little different. I thought that since it’s almost Halloween (Yay!!!!), we could talk about 3 amazing makeup tutorial videos that will help you add that special finishing touch to your costume this year. These videos vary in difficulty, but I would definitely give the looks a test run before Halloween (also make sure that you’re not allergic or have any sensitivity to any of the makeup/wax/etc. that the looks may need). I tried to rate these depending on how difficult the look is to replicate (even though the last two are about equal in terms of difficulty). Now let’s get to the looks. Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
3) ‘CLAW WOUND SFX Makeup Tutorial’ by Kait Nichole, which was uploaded on October 12th, 2015. I thought that this would be a good video to kick things off with because it’s a cool way to really make any costume stand out. This look is very detailed so you will have to take your time with this one if you want it to look amazing however, it might be easier to do than the other two looks because it’s on the arm and not the face. In this video Kait does an INCREDIBLE job of explaining exactly how to replicate this wound, so I would definitely give it a try.
2) ‘Reptile Ringmaster Circus Freak Halloween Makeup Tutorial’ by Jordan Hanz, which was uploaded on October 12th, 2015 (I didn’t notice until after I chose the videos that this video and the claw wound video were uploaded on the same day. That’s kind of cool right?). As soon as I saw this look I just completely fell in love with how awesome it is. Now this look is also very detailed so again you have to have patience, but the payoff for the work looks to incredible for words. If you want a unique look that will definitely be Instagram worthy then this is a look to consider. Jordan does a really great job of explaining every step, so even though this may look a little intimidating, just follow her instructions and you’ll look AMAZING.
1) ‘Trippy Double Vision Makeup Look’ by dope2111, which was uploaded on September 17th, 2015. Like I said before, it was EXTREMELY hard to pick a winner for the #1 and #2 spots, but because this is a REALLY different sort of Halloween look, it won. I know that A LOT of you have probably already seen this video, but if you really want a look that will freak out your friends then this is the way to go. This is another look that takes patience to replicate because you want it to look as real as possible. The process is explained so well in this video, so I would definitely give this tutorial a shot. This is a really good look to show off your creativity, because you can build a scary or cute look around it, but still get the creepy factor in either way.