Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we are going to countdown the 5 top Christmas songs of 2014. Last year when we did this list, it had different versions of classic Christmas songs from many different decades. This year I thought that we’d do something a little different and only talk about Christmas songs from this year. This list is a really fun mix of classic and new Christmas songs that I know you all will love! So get ready to ask Santa for some ITunes cards this year, because these completely addicting songs will be on your playlists well into June.
5) Sabrina Carpenter ‘Silver Nights’:
Once I heard this song I just had to add it to the list, because it has a very chill, romantic vibe that’s perfect for listening to by the fire with that special someone (or while stalking your favorite celebrities’ twitter wishing they were that special someone…don’t worry it’ll be our little secret). I also wanted to add this song; because Sabrina Carpenter is definitely someone I would watch in 2015. With an AMAZING debut on the music scene with her EP ‘Can’t Blame A Girl For Trying’ (which has a song written by the equally AMAZING Meghan Trainor), and a lead role on Disney Channel’s newest breakout hit ‘Girl Meets World’, it’s safe to say that Sabrina is well on her way to a long career…not bad for a 15 year old (doesn’t she make you feel like you haven’t accomplished anything in life…same here).
4) Idina Menzel ‘Holly Jolly Christmas’:
I was so excited to write about the song because I think that we can all agree that Idina Menzel is AMAZING! Whether you became a fan of hers through her work in various Broadway musicals, her role on the show ‘Glee’, or her latest hit leading role in Disney’s ‘Frozen’, you gotta admit that once you hear her voice you just can’t run away. I wish that I could just talk about her entire Christmas album, but then I would have y’all here until next Christmas. So instead I decided to talk to y’all about a song that we all know but I think gets pushed to the background a little. Whether you’ve heard this song on the radio or in a movie (gotta love those old animated Christmas movies), EVERYONE has heard ‘Holly Jolly Christmas’. I honestly love how upbeat and fun this song is, because it puts you in the Christmas spirit and makes everything you do feel fun. This is definitely a classic that you should put on repeat this Christmas season!
3) Meghan Trainor ‘I’ll Be Home’:
Now here is a singer/songwriter who has made her presence known this year. With her hits ‘All About That Bass’ & ‘Lips Are Moving’, Meghan just keeps amazing us. She brings that same talent to her original song ‘I’ll Be Home’, which is soon to become a Christmas Classic. This is another feel good song for all of you romantics out there! Perfect to listen to while you’re drinking hot cocoa or your favorite hot winter drink.
2) Ariana Grande ‘Santa Tell Me’:
We don’t even really need to discuss why Ariana HAS to be on this countdown. I mean she is honestly the biggest breakout star of 2014 (which we predicted and you can see the blog post for here: Monday Memos: Artist Spotlight Ariana Grande | celindareyesblog). After numerous consecutive hits, it only makes sense that the girl with the Midius touch releases a Christmas song that we LOVE! I like that this song is romantic (because honesty who doesn’t love a little Christmas romance, but it’s about asking Santa to not let this Christmas love go to waste (sorta like a prequel to ‘Last Christmas’ by Wham!). I like that the concept is different than your typical Christmas song, and it’s a fun one to sing-along too. You should definitely add it to your winter playlists!
1) Pentatonix ‘Carol of the Bells’:
I feel like I could write 10 pages about this INCREDIBLE group and it wouldn’t be enough, so I’m going to give y’all the short version. Honestly I think all A Capella groups are amazing because how awesome and talented do you have to be in order to make performing without any instrumental backing. It’s honestly mind-blowing so because of this, I felt we had to give them the #1 spot. I am also a huge fan of this song because it’s so beautiful, but it’s also equally difficult to perform, so I feel we have to give them a lot of credit for their flawless rendition.
- All photos and information used in this blog belong to Sabrina Carpenter, Hollywood Records, Idina Menzel, Glee, Fox, Ryan Murphy, Decca Records, Johnny Marks, Meghan Trainor, Epic Records, John Alagia, Chris “Flict” Apparri, Sergio Aranda, Claudia Brant, Jon Brion, Dernst “D’Mile” Emile II, Kevin Kadish, Chris Kuffner, L.A.. Reid, Meghan Trainor, Ariana Grande, Republic Records, Savan Kotecha, IIya Salmanzadeh, Pentatonix, Mykola Leontovych, Peter J. Wilhousky, holidaystime.org, and all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. If any people, corporations, businesses, companies, etc, were not previously given credit for their work, they are given credit now and their previous absence was unintentional. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we are going to discuss the 2014 YouTube Rewind (here’s the link for y’all YouTube Rewind: Turn Down for 2014)! Now if you don’t know, every year YouTube releases a cool video where they highlight the biggest YouTube songs, events, videos, etc. of the year, and the video has numerous cameos from your fav YouTube stars. These videos honestly amaze me more and more every year, because of the creativity, hard work, and awesomeness that goes into all of these videos. So please read keep reading to find out why I know that y’all will love this video! Ready? Let’s go!
The video includes YouTube stars such as: Bethany Mota, Amanda Steele (MakeupbyMandy24), AmazingPhil, Brittani Louise Taylor, Connor Franta, Epic Rap Battles, Hannah Hart, Grace Helbig, and so many more! There were also SO many popular songs featured such as: ‘Turn Down For What’ by DJ Snake & Lil Jon (link here: DJ Snake, Lil Jon – Turn Down for What ), ‘Fancy’ by Iggy Azalea (link here: Iggy Azalea – Fancy (Explicit) ft. Charli XCX – YouTube), #SELFIE’ by The Chainsmokers, (here’s a link: #SELFIE (Official Music Video) – The Chainsmokers) ‘Happy’ by Pharrell Williams (link: Pharrell Williams – Happy (Official Music Video), ‘All About That Bass’ by Meghan Trainor (here’s a link: Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass – YouTube), and lots of our other favs from 2014. We also got to see recreations of some of this year’s most popular viral videos and events such as: the ‘First Kiss’ Video which was uploaded by Tatia Pllieva (I got a link for ya: FIRST KISS), the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (which was uploaded by basically everyone), and lots of other really awesome videos. What I loved most about this rewind video, is that it had really cool transitions with the music and the different scenes, and that it felt like a really epic music video, not just a mix of various video clips. There was also another really cool segment where different YouTubers performed ‘Let It Go’ from Frozen, while they stood in front of a cool snowy mountain background and drew with snow in the air. I honestly LOVED the special effects in this scene, because it really felt like a scene from a movie, it was just so cool. I also thought that the ending was perfect (which was a “how it should of ended’ segment, because it left the vide on a hilarious ending note. Just perfect! It was so cool to see a visual yearbook of YouTube and pop culture events, because you realize how much can happen and change in a year.
So what did y’all think of the 2014 YouTube Rewind? Personally this one was so good that it made me excited for the next year’s video. I can’t wait to see what AMAZING music and YouTube acts will be featured! What do you think next year’s video is going to be like? The one thing we can predict is that if 2014 was so big and impactful, 2015 is going to be even crazier.
- All photos and information used in this blog belong to YouTube, DJ Snake, Lil Jon, Iggy Azalea, Charli XCX, The Chainsmokers, Pharrell Williams, Meghan Trainor, Tatia Pllieva, The Amyotrophic Lateral Scierosis Association and all of it’s sponsors and affiliates, Columbia Records, Island Records, Amethyst Kelly, Charlotte Aitchison, George Astasio, Jason Pebworth, Jon Shave, Kurtis McKenzie, The Invisible Men, the Arcade, 604 Records, Dim Mak Records, Andrew Taggart, Back Lot Music, I Am Other, Columbia Records, Epic Records, Kevin Kadish, WREN studios, Soko, 9to5google.com, Frozen, Walt Disney Corporation, Idina Menzel, Hollywood Records, Kristen ANderson-Lopez, Robert Lopez, Action Movie Kid, Aichi Ono, Amanda Steele, AmazingPhil , Andy Raconte,, Anil B. Ape Crime, Apollos Hester, Barely Political, Bart Baker, Bethany Mota, Big Bird, Bilingirl, Brett Nichols, Brittani Louise Taylor, Carrie Fletcher, Chris Hardwick, Colin Furze, Conan O’Brien, Conchita Wurst, Connor Franta, Corridor Digital, Cyprien, daaruum, danisnotonfire, Devil Baby, Dodie Clark, Ella Caney-Willis, Enjoy, Phoenix, Epic Rap Battles, Evan Edinger, fouseyTUBE, Freddie W, Gabriel Valenciano, Gal Volinez, Grace Helbig, Hajime, Hannah Hart, Heart, Hello Denizen, Hikakin, HolaSoyGerman, How It Should Have Ended, IISuperwomanII, iJustine, Ingrid Nilsen, iTakahashi, JennXPenn, Jenna Marbles, Jimmy Kimmel, John Oliver, Kacy Catanzaro, Kid President, Kingsley, Kosuke, Kurt Hugo Schneider, Le Floid, Luke Cutforth, Mamiruton, Manako (Q’ulle), MasuoTV, Matt Bittner, Max Murai, Michelle Phan, Mika Shindate, Niki Albon, PDS, Pentatonix, PewDiePie, PrankvsPrank, Raphael Gomes, Rhett & Link, Rosanna Pansino, Sadie Miller, Sam Tsui, Sami Slimani, Sammy Albon, Sasaki Asahi, Seikin, Sione Vaka Kelepi, Sir Fedora, SkyDoesMinecraft, Smosh, Stephen Colbert, Steve Kardynal, Stuart Edge, The Fine Bros, The Gregory Brothers, The Slow Mo Guys, Troye Sivan, Tyler Oakley, VlogBrothers, Vsauce2, Vsauce3, WORLD ORDER, and all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. If any people, corporations, businesses, companies, etc, were not previously given credit for their work, they are given credit now and their previous absence was unintentional. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.