Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we are going to discuss an AMAZING new channel that I know you’ll will love. With the holiday season upon us the one thing on everyone’s mind is…food. Because of this, A LOT of people join gyms once the New Year hits, so I’m going to introduce y’all to a YouTube channel that will help you combat those holiday pound in a fun way. If you don’t like working out (or even if you do) then you HAVE to read on. Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
The first video that we’ve going to talk about is Jessica’s workout video to Iggy Azalea’s hit song ‘Fancy’ feat. Charli XCX, which was uploaded on June 25th, 2014. This is a really fun introductory video for this channel, because you get a small taste of the fun, heart pounding workouts that you’ll get on this channel. The moves in this workout are not hard to replicate, and are a great starting point for someone who wants to get into shape, but doesn’t like to workout. I mean who doesn’t love to dance right? Right! The next video that we’re going to talk about is Jessica’s workout video to Fifth Harmony feat Kid Ink’s high energy song ‘Worth It’, which was uploaded on May 15th, 2015 (you can check out the video below). This is another fun video that will definitely get you moving! In this video Jessica shows us a full body workout set to this song, that will have you replaying this video over and over. The best thing about the moves in this video is you can learn them and then add them to just about any upbeat song, and get a hard workout that’s a little different everytime. It’s definitely worth a look!
Next up we have Silento’s viral hit ‘Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)’, which was uploaded on June 30th, 2015 (you can check out the video below). Now this is a song that everyone has had on repeat, and a dance that we all love to do. In this video Jessica incorporates the moves from the song, in a high cardio impact routine. If you love Zumba and/or dance that’s set to modern music then you’ll really get into this video. Also, one of the best things about this (and all of the other videos on this channel), is that you get a tough, high energy workout in under 5 minutes, you gotta love that. The last video that we’re going to talk about is Jessica’s workout video set to Miranda Lambert’s song Somethin’ Bad feat. Carrie Underwood which was uploaded on October 22nd, 2015. This is a high energy dance video that has some really cool steps that will work you out, but aren’t too difficult to grasp. Whether you use these videos as a warm-up, or they are you whole workout, you will certainly have a fun time on this channel. I really wish I could’ve talked about all of the videos on this channel because their all amazing! So if you want to keep in shape during this season of food and fun, then definitely subscribe to this channel.
Keep up with everything Jessica is doing:
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we are going to recap the 2015 CMA awards. The show was full of funny moments, awesome awards, and most of all, great music. Once again Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood did a great job as the show’s hosts, and left us all laughing during their opening monologue. In the monologue they recapped some of the hottest pop culture stories from this year including: Donald Trump, man hair buns, the Ashley Madison scandal, the divorces of Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert, as well as Kermit and Miss Piggy, and a shout out to country music legend Little Jimmy Dickens who passed away earlier this year. The night was definitely filled with unforgettable moments that made this year’s show the best one yet. Now let’s move on to the awards and then the music. Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
This song was insanely popular this year, so it’s easy to predict that it would take home this win. This song really shows the progression of Little Big Town as a band and will leave us all exited to see what they do next.
We’ve already covered how amazing this song is so let’s keep going. Ok? Ok.
If you had never heard of Chris Stapleton before the CMAs, then you DEFINTELY know who he is now. Once we got to see Chris perform at the show (which we’ll talk about later), it was easy to see that he definitely deserves this award (if you didn’t see his performance, you HAVE to check it out below, this video only shows one of the songs, but it’s AMAZING!).
If you listened to country music radio this year, then you heard Florida Georgia Line A LOT. The duo has had impressive numbers ever since they first hit the music scene, and that momentum has not stopped. Although this was a tough category, FGL proves time and time again that they deserve this honor.
This was another really tough category, but ‘Traveller’ peaked at #1 on the U.S. Billboard 200 list, and at #2 on the U.S. Billboard Country chart. With all of the extra exposure that Chris got during the CMAs, we can only expect that his next album will do even better.
With such an amazing year and an impressive winning streak at the CMAs this year, it’s easy to see how Little Big Town won this award.
For years now Miranda Lambert has been an unstoppable force in the music world, and this year was no exception. This year Miranda released 2 singles from her 2014 album ‘Platinum’ called: ‘Little Red Wagon’ (which has sold 432,000 downloads in the US) and ‘Smokin’; and Drinkin’ (which features the night’s big winner Little Big Town).
Between his performance at the show, and big win as New Artist of the Year, I don’t think we even need to explain this win.
For the past few years Luke Bryan has been another unstoppable force in country music, and is definitely someone you’ve heard all year long. This year Luke released his newest album ‘Kill the Lights’ (and the 2 singles from ‘Kill the Lights’), which peaked at #1 and #2 on numerous Billboard charts in numerous countries.
Performances: (this was a REALLY tough category because I honestly wanted to write about all of the amazing performances, but I narrowed the list down to 5 so I hope y’all enjoy it):
Because of all of the buzz that this song has gotten in 2015, this was a very highly anticipated performance that definitely lived up to the hype. The performance featured all of the members of the group on stage with soft lighting that went from blue, to gold, to red, etc. The song was amazing and definitely showed off the group’s beautiful vocal skills.
This recap just wouldn’t be complete if we didn’t talk about the amazing performance from one of the night’s hosts Carrie Underwood. The performance was very cool and really raised the energy of the show. Not only did we get to see Carrie’s phenomenal vocal abilities, but we also saw her awesome guitar skills.
We couldn’t finish the recap without discussing one of the night’s most talked about performances. The overall number was very cool and had an interesting pop/soul meets country vibe that made it the most uniquely awesome number of the night. It was cool to see Justin Timberlake at the show because he definitely kept the energy of the night up, and we also got to see what a great showman Chris Stapleton is, so it was a certainly a can’t miss performance.
This was a really fun number that really showed off Brad Paisley’s charisma and natural stage presence. The number included the mascots from numerous colleges, which really hyped up the crowd and made the number truly unforgettable. This performance really showed that not only is Brad an amazing host, but is also an all around phenomenal entertainer.
This was another highly anticipated performance that had the internet buzzing all night. Miranda looked awesome with her new pink hair and matching pink guitar, the number was very energetic and proved that Miranda is an entertainer that we can trust to never disappoint us.
This has to win the award for most anticipated performance of the night. Reba McEntire and Brooks & Dunn each performed 2 of their big hits, which left the crowd in awe from beginning to end (you can check out a performance of one of these songs below). It’s not often that we get to see two iconic acts perform together, so this number really made this year’s CMAs unforgettable. This was the last performance of the night, and really left the show on a high energy note that was the perfect way to end such an amazing celebration of country music.
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we are going to talk about the 2015 Grammy Awards (btw we guessed half of the winners correctly this year, yay!). This year the award show was full of unique performances, surprises, and of course, awesome awards. It was truly a night dedicated to music, and all that it represented this past year. The show was once again hosted by rapper/actor LL Cool J, who stated at the top of the show that he wasn’t going to perform an opening monologue so that there would be more time for the music. I thought that it was a really memorable show, and will definitely have us all discussing it the rest of the year. If you missed the show, or just want to relive all the moments again, then please read on as we recap the 2015 Grammy Awards!
Here are the categories we guessed correctly this year:
*If you want to see the full list of Grammy Award winners then please go to GRAMMY.com | The Official Site of Music’s Biggest Night
Now there were a lot of awesome performances this year, but I decided to pick the top 10 must-see performances to discuss with y’all.
10) Eric Church: Eric performed his hit single ‘Give Me Back My Hometown’, which is a fun song that brings out the nostalgia in us all. As always, Eric captivated his audience and never lost their attention. The backdrop of the stage had scenes of a town in a Sepia effect, which just added an air of coolness to the number.
9) Ariana Grande: One number that was really interesting was Ariana Grande’s emotional performance of her song ‘Just a Little Bit of Your Heart’. The emotional ballad had a very intimate vibe that definitely captivated fans. The staging consisted of really dim lighting, purple stage lights, and really cool white smoke that appeared half way through the performance.
8) Pharrell Williams: Pharrell began his number with a spoken word performance of the beginning of his hit song ‘Happy’. The number then changed back to the original arrangement, and included dancers in bright colored clothing & choir robes. Towards the end of the number, the attention shifted over to the small stage in the center of the auditorium, where Hans Zimmermann was showing off his out of this world piano skills. Definitely a number we’d all be happy to see again.
7) Ed Sheeran feat. John Mayer & Questlove/Ed Sheeran & ELO: Ed performed a sweet rendition of his new single ‘Thinking Out Loud’, and was accompanied by John Mayer’s EPIC guitar playing, and Questlove (the drummer of the band The Roots, who are Jimmy Fallon’s house band) on the drums. This was such an awesome pairing that I know we all have our fingers crossed for these artists to collab again soon. After ‘Thinking Out Loud’, Ed switched over to another stage and performed ‘Mr. Blue Sky’ with British rock group, Electric Light Orchestra (aka ELO). This was another unexpected, yet really awesome collab that left us wondering who Ed will work with next (because obviously he can work with anyone and it will sound awesome).
6) Miranda Lambert: Miranda performed her song ‘Little Red Wagon’, and definitely showed that country music can rock. She was in full rock star mode, with a performance that included lots of cool smoke and explosion effects, an interesting red sun decoration in the background, and lots of flashing red lights that definitely raised the energy of the room to full blast.
5) Hosier & Anne Lennox: Hosier started the performance with their hit single ‘Take Me To Church’ & was later joined by Anne Lennox, who also performed her rendition of ‘I Put A Spell on You’ (which was originally by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins). This was another high energy performance that had the audience captivated throughout the number…what can we say, they put a spell on us!
4) Katy Perry: Katy performed a truly angelic rendition of her song ‘By The Grace of God’, complete with a beautiful white gown. The performance followed a PSA by President Barack Obama, and a speech by domestic abuse survivor Brooke Axtell (the PSA and speech were in support of a new program called #ItsOnUs, which is an initiative to end violence against women & girls). This was truly a strong way to deliver this powerful message.
3) Paul McCartney, Rihanna, & Kanye West: The legendary Beatle joined Pop star Rihanna, & Rap star Kanye West for a performance of the trio’s song ‘Four Five Seconds’. This was such an amazing number, that really brought out the true talent of all three artists, and showed the magic that can happen when artists of different genres come together to create something spectacular.
2) Sam Smith & Mary J. Blige: Sam & Mary J. Blige left the room completely speechless with their duet of Sam’s hit song ‘Stay With Me’. The two artists used their amazing vocal talents to deliver a breathtaking performance that was one of the highlights of the night. What made this performance extra cool was the old school soul flair that the artists added to the overall vibe of the show; it definitely left us hoping that they will work together again in the future.
1) Sia feat. Maddie Ziegler & Kristen Wiig: The top spot of the night has to go to Sia for her beautiful performance of her hit single Chandelier. The number took place in a destroyed, dirty room, and showed comedic actress Kristen Wiig & Dance Moms star Maddie Ziegler performing the choreography from the song’s music video together. Although Sia & Kristen were INCREDIBLE, the star of the show was definitely Maddie. Seriously, she’s 12 years old and has already performed at the Grammys, how do you possibly top that!?! With such a HUGE start to 2015, I’m excited to see what this rising star does next.