Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we’re going to review a very cool musician, who has found a way to merge her love of anime, with her love of music. If you haven’t heard of Amanda Lee (aka ‘LeeandLie` on YouTube), then you’re missing out on a uniquely talented singer/songwriter/voice actress. At the time of this blog post Amanda has over 1.2 million YouTube subscribers, & has worked on numerous anime/video game titles such as: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, Overlord II, One Piece, Anonymous Noise, Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2, Yandere Simulator, & many more. In 2017 she also released her debut EP which included 5 original songs co-written by Amanda. Needless to say she has become a rising star both online & in the voice acting industry, so now let’s catch all of y’all up with the amazingness that is Amanda Lee. Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
The first video we’re going to talk about is Amanda’s ‘Sword Art Online- Crossing Field (Opening) [English ver]’ cover video, which was uploaded on September 2, 2012 (you can check out this video below). This is a very interesting video that really shows a unique take on this song. It’s very cool to see Amanda change the original Japanese lyrics into original English lyrics that still fit the beat of the music, but show her original take on the song. This skill shows that Amanda was a true artist even towards the beginning of her career. The next video we’re going to talk about is her ‘Dango Daikazoku (Ending) |English ver |’ cover video which was uploaded on February 22, 2014. Just in the 1 year & 5 months between this video & the Sword Art Online video, you can see a vast improvement in Amanda’s vocals, which shows just how dedicated she is to her craft. This cover is also a great example of how well Amanda can project the emotional undertones of a song, & really make her listener understand what the lyrics are trying to convey.
Next up we have Amanda’s ‘Pokemon – Pokemon Theme (Full Opening)’ video which features Natewantstobattle, which was uploaded on December 12, 2016 (you can check out this video below). This is definitely one of my favorite videos because it shows such a growth in Amanda’s artistry & video production skills. This video features revolving animation from all of the Pokemon generations from the 90s until present day which so unique & cool. This video shows the amount of thought Amanda puts into her videos, which proves how much she cares about her subscribers having a great experience on her channel. Lastly we have her ‘Debut EP Hourglass – Digital + Physical copies [Pre-Order NOW] video’, which was uploaded on August 14, 2017. This video features snippets of all 5 original songs on the ‘Hourglass’ EP, & really gives you a sense of Amanda’s personal musical style. In this EP the musical styles range from Pop, to Rock, to even EDM based. It definitely shows that Amanda is very comfortable as an artist, & that she will continue to impress us all as her career continues to grow.
You can keep up with everything Amanda is doing here:
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we are going to talk about something that we all go through. Whether it involves a band, actor, book, or song, we are all fangirls (and fanboys…don’t think I’m leaving the guys out of this one). Whether you keep your fangirling to yourself, or you have a twitter account completely dedicated to the loves of your life, we all usually have one thing in common…eventually our ships sink. However, thanks to the internet one very lucky little 3 year old girl named Mila got to meet her celebrity crush face to face. Now I know that you have all heard about this one, but honestly this story was so sweet I just couldn’t resist sharing it with y’all (and you know you wanna watch it again).
In an interview a few days ago with Ellen DeGeneres, Mila’s mother explained that she told Mila about Adam getting married in a grocery store, and immediately changed the subject when Mila freaked out (didn’t we all), but then she decided to tell Mila again and film it (again I think we all would have done this). Ellen invited Mila on to her show so they could talk about love, Mila’s relationship with Adam, their wedding plans, etc., you know typical girl stuff. After receiving a really cool Adam themed outfit (yeah Ellen I’m gonna need to know where I can get one of those), Mila actually got to meet Adam. Unfortunately for Adam, Mila seemed to be over the relationship, but she did keep the rose he brought her (good girl!). It is such a cute video that y’all all have to check out. So now that Mila has successfully lived out every fangirl’s dream, what will she do next? Blockbuster Hollywood movie? Walk the runways at the next Fashion Week? MIla for president in 2016? Whatever she does, Mila will always be an inspirations to fangirls everywhere!
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we’re going to talk about a band that a lot of you may already be familiar with. If you’ve ever heard of the indie pop rock band ‘King The Kid’, then you’re already familiar with the AMAZING new band that we’re going to talk about, ‘Future Sunsets’. After ‘King The Kid’ disbanded, two of the members, David Michael Frank and Jose Mostajo, decided to evolve their sound and Future Sunsets was born. In 9 short months, Future Sunsets has already proven to have a loyal fanbase, with 7,421 subscribers, and 288,047 total channel views. So please read on to see why you will have Future Sunsets’ music stuck in your head all year long! Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
The first video that we’re going to talk about is Future Sunsets cover of ‘Rather Be’ by Clean Bandit feat Jess Glynne, which was uploaded September 30th, 2014. I really liked their take on this song, because they kept the upbeat fun vibe that made this song so popular, but also added their own flair that makes this rendition unique. This song was a VERY strong start for Future Sunsets’ YouTube channel, and will definitely make you excited to see more from the band (you check out the video below to find out for yourself). The next video that we’re going to talk about is Future Sunsets’ cover of ‘Bailando’ by Enrique Iglesias, which was uploaded on December 31st, 2014. I thought that this was such a interesting choice for the band, and they were honestly able to pull it off very well. It’s fun to see a band you like take a chance with a song that’s a little different than what they typically do, but equally entertaining. You will definitely play this video over and over, and love it more everytime.
Next up we have Future Sunsets’ cover of ‘Iris’ by Goo Goo Dolls, which was uploaded on March 21st, 2015. This is a song that EVERYONE knows, whether you’re a fan of this genre of music or not. Because of this, there is definitely a added pressure to make an amazing cover, and the band perfectly hits this mark. They are able to not only make a rendition of this classic that is very well done and keeps your attention, but are also able to really make you feel the emotions that the lyrics convey. This cover definitely deserves 5 smiley face (because as I’ve said before, smiley faces are cooler than stars). The last video that we’re going to talk about isn’t a cover, but is a really awesome original song that you just gotta check out! Future Sunsets released the lyric video for their song ‘Without Your Love’ on December 16th, 2014 (you can check out the video below). This is a really cool song that has catchy lyrics, and upbeat vibe, and will instantly hook you as soon as you start to listen to it. It has a lot of the same elements that made fans fall in love with this band, but also show that they are constancy evolving and making their sound even better. I could definitely see them not only seamlessly integrating into mainstream music, but also stand out in such a way that will make them a cross-genre hit.
Keep up with everything Future Sunsets is doing:
YouTube: Future Sunsets
Twitter: Future Sunsets
Instagram: Future Sunsets
Tumblr: Future Sunsets
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’, I’m going to help put a little magic into your Monday. Now if for some crazy reason you haven’t heard of 17 year old magician Collins Key, you are definitely missing out. This superstar has taken the magic/illusion industry to a whole new level by finishing in 5th place season 8 of America’s Got Talent, presenting at the 2014 Teen Choice Awards, and opening for Demi Lovato on her 2014 ‘Neon Lights Tour’. So now let’s check out some videos that are guaranteed to leave you spellbound. Ready? Let’s go!!!
The first video that we’re going to talk about is Collins’ 2013 audition for the reality show ‘America’s Got Talent’. For his audition, Collins performed a trick that teleported a dollar bill into a sealed bag of chips. This is a really cool trick that will leave you wondering how he did it (you can check out the video below). Although the trick is awesome, one of the most impressive things about his audition, was how at just 16, Collins already proved that he could compete with the the most seasoned of showmen. The next trick that we’re going to check out is Collins’ performance for the ‘America’s Got Talent’ Vegas Week. This trick consisted of Collins mentally ripping a page out of a book, writing a word on the ripped page, and then teleporting that page into an envelope that a person is seated on. Again, this trick will leave you amazed, and will make you want to see more from Collins. Even though he didn’t win the competition, Collins definitely made his time on ‘America’s Got Talent’ count, and in doing so made us all fall under his spell.
Collins also has a very cool YouTube channel where he posts fun challenges, Q&A videos, and you guessed it, magic tricks. Let’s check out one of their videos right now! In this video, Collins does a trick in which he has a person pick a random card, and then sign the card. Then he does a lot of cool Harry Potter magic stuff, and another card takes a bite out of the random card, and then he finds that bite in the other card (yeah I know it’s a little confusing when I try to explain it, but check out the video below and you’ll see the awesomeness). Also, Collins gets bonus points for included One Direction’s drummer Josh Devine in this video because that’s just really cool! Ok the last video that we’re going to talk about isn’t actually a magic trick video, but is instead a magic trick revelation video. In this one, Collins explains how to do a trick with a scarf and an egg. Y’all should definitely check this one out, because it is guaranteed to freak out your family/friends, and will liven up any party.
Keep up with all the magic and fun by following Collins on these sites:
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we are going to discuss an awesome new band that y’all will hear about A LOT this year. If you haven’t heard of Hey Anna, then you are definitely missing out. This cool indie-pop band’s music has already been featured on numerous awesome websites, and more recently on nylon.com (yeah they’re really THAT cool). The band is comprised of Anna Rauch-Sassen,(vocals), Erin Rauch-Sassen (guitar), Katie Rauch-Sassen (keyboard), Matthew Langer, and Jamie DiTringo. With their debut album ‘Run KoKo’ dropping later this summer, this is the band that you NEED to know about now, before all your friends become obsessed with them. Luckily for us, Hey Anna has recently released a new singe entitled ‘Island’, to get us prepared for the wave of awesomeness that ‘Run KoKo’ will bring. So are y’all ready to discuss ‘Island’? Ok, let’s go!
If you’re looking for a fun, yet soothing summer anthem, then ‘Island’ is perfect for you. This song combines the best of Indie and Pop music, into a song that you will be singing along to all year long. I have seriously had ‘Island’ on repeat for the past few days, because it just has this incredible energy that completely makes you incapable of not having it constantly on repeat. I am soooo excited that Hey Anna released ‘Island’ as their upcoming album’s lead single, because it really gets you excited to see what their full album will sound like. It’s not very often that you hear a single and think “wow this band is going to be unstoppable”, but that’s exactly the feeling you get after listening to ‘Island’. So get ready people of the internet, because Hey Anna is about to shake up the music industry in a BIG way!
Keep up to date with everything Hey Anna is doing:
Twitter: HEY ANNA (@heyannamusic) | Twitter
Website: HEY ANNA
Instagram: HEY ANNA (@heyannaband) • Instagram
SoundCloud: HEY ANNA | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we are going to discuss an AMAZING band that you will have on repeat all year. If you haven’t heard of the awesome pop punk/Christian rock band Hawk Nelson (which is hard to believe considering their music has charted at #1 on VH1’s ‘Top 20 Countdown’, and they have been nominated for numerous of the music industry’s top awards), then be prepared to become addicted to their music. What’s really cool about this band’s sound is that it has a wide variety of influences, so whether you like pop, punk, or rock, you will find songs that you love! Their new album ‘Diamonds’ dropped today (March 17th), so y’all should all definitely pick up a copy (I promise you won’t be disappointed). So, if you’re not already a Hawk Nelson fan, please read on and prepare to become obsessed.
The first song we’re going to discuss is the band’s song Shaken, (which is off of their 2009 album ‘Live Life Loud’, you can check out the official music video for the song below). This is a really powerful song that will instantly grab your attention and won’t let go until the last note. I love that the lyrics have a really powerful message about a person being “shaken” by something and because of this, wanting to find out how they can make a difference. The music video for this song is also extremely powerful, and will definitely make you wonder what you could do to make a positive difference in the world. The next song that we’re going to talk about is Hawk Nelson’s single ‘Words’ (which is off of their 2013 album Made). I thought that this was a good song for us to talk about next because so many problems that we have in our day-to-day lives is caused by words. As this song explains, words have the power to lift us up, or tear us down. I think that this song is the perfect anthem for all of the bullying that so many people face daily at work, school, home, and even over the internet.
Now we’re going to discuss two of the new songs off of Hawk Nelson’s latest album Diamonds. The first song that we’re going to talk about is the band’s single ‘Drops In The Ocean’ (you can check out the official music video below). This is a really sweet song about someone loving & forgiving you unconditionally. The lyrics in this song really leaves a powerful impact. Whether you think of God, a family member, a friend, or someone else when you hear this song, I definitely think it’s one that we can all relate to. The final song that we’re going to discuss is the title song of the album, ‘Diamonds’. Now even though I LOVE so many of Hawk Nelson’s songs, I have to say that this one is my one of my top favorites. This is the perfect song to kick off your spring/summer playlists with! It is an energetic, uplifting song about God helping you take the negative things in your life, and turning them into positive things. With all of the pressure that we face in our day to day lives, it’s nice sometimes to hear that everything will be ok, and this song will definitely leave you feeling that way. Judging by these two songs, I definitely think that this album is a must have for anyone who loves AMAZING music!
Keep up with everything Hawk Nelson is doing:
Twitter: Hawk Nelson (@hawknelson) | Twitter
YouTube: Hawk Nelson – YouTube
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we are going to talk about the 2015 Grammy Awards (btw we guessed half of the winners correctly this year, yay!). This year the award show was full of unique performances, surprises, and of course, awesome awards. It was truly a night dedicated to music, and all that it represented this past year. The show was once again hosted by rapper/actor LL Cool J, who stated at the top of the show that he wasn’t going to perform an opening monologue so that there would be more time for the music. I thought that it was a really memorable show, and will definitely have us all discussing it the rest of the year. If you missed the show, or just want to relive all the moments again, then please read on as we recap the 2015 Grammy Awards!
Here are the categories we guessed correctly this year:
*If you want to see the full list of Grammy Award winners then please go to GRAMMY.com | The Official Site of Music’s Biggest Night
Now there were a lot of awesome performances this year, but I decided to pick the top 10 must-see performances to discuss with y’all.
10) Eric Church: Eric performed his hit single ‘Give Me Back My Hometown’, which is a fun song that brings out the nostalgia in us all. As always, Eric captivated his audience and never lost their attention. The backdrop of the stage had scenes of a town in a Sepia effect, which just added an air of coolness to the number.
9) Ariana Grande: One number that was really interesting was Ariana Grande’s emotional performance of her song ‘Just a Little Bit of Your Heart’. The emotional ballad had a very intimate vibe that definitely captivated fans. The staging consisted of really dim lighting, purple stage lights, and really cool white smoke that appeared half way through the performance.
8) Pharrell Williams: Pharrell began his number with a spoken word performance of the beginning of his hit song ‘Happy’. The number then changed back to the original arrangement, and included dancers in bright colored clothing & choir robes. Towards the end of the number, the attention shifted over to the small stage in the center of the auditorium, where Hans Zimmermann was showing off his out of this world piano skills. Definitely a number we’d all be happy to see again.
7) Ed Sheeran feat. John Mayer & Questlove/Ed Sheeran & ELO: Ed performed a sweet rendition of his new single ‘Thinking Out Loud’, and was accompanied by John Mayer’s EPIC guitar playing, and Questlove (the drummer of the band The Roots, who are Jimmy Fallon’s house band) on the drums. This was such an awesome pairing that I know we all have our fingers crossed for these artists to collab again soon. After ‘Thinking Out Loud’, Ed switched over to another stage and performed ‘Mr. Blue Sky’ with British rock group, Electric Light Orchestra (aka ELO). This was another unexpected, yet really awesome collab that left us wondering who Ed will work with next (because obviously he can work with anyone and it will sound awesome).
6) Miranda Lambert: Miranda performed her song ‘Little Red Wagon’, and definitely showed that country music can rock. She was in full rock star mode, with a performance that included lots of cool smoke and explosion effects, an interesting red sun decoration in the background, and lots of flashing red lights that definitely raised the energy of the room to full blast.
5) Hosier & Anne Lennox: Hosier started the performance with their hit single ‘Take Me To Church’ & was later joined by Anne Lennox, who also performed her rendition of ‘I Put A Spell on You’ (which was originally by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins). This was another high energy performance that had the audience captivated throughout the number…what can we say, they put a spell on us!
4) Katy Perry: Katy performed a truly angelic rendition of her song ‘By The Grace of God’, complete with a beautiful white gown. The performance followed a PSA by President Barack Obama, and a speech by domestic abuse survivor Brooke Axtell (the PSA and speech were in support of a new program called #ItsOnUs, which is an initiative to end violence against women & girls). This was truly a strong way to deliver this powerful message.
3) Paul McCartney, Rihanna, & Kanye West: The legendary Beatle joined Pop star Rihanna, & Rap star Kanye West for a performance of the trio’s song ‘Four Five Seconds’. This was such an amazing number, that really brought out the true talent of all three artists, and showed the magic that can happen when artists of different genres come together to create something spectacular.
2) Sam Smith & Mary J. Blige: Sam & Mary J. Blige left the room completely speechless with their duet of Sam’s hit song ‘Stay With Me’. The two artists used their amazing vocal talents to deliver a breathtaking performance that was one of the highlights of the night. What made this performance extra cool was the old school soul flair that the artists added to the overall vibe of the show; it definitely left us hoping that they will work together again in the future.
1) Sia feat. Maddie Ziegler & Kristen Wiig: The top spot of the night has to go to Sia for her beautiful performance of her hit single Chandelier. The number took place in a destroyed, dirty room, and showed comedic actress Kristen Wiig & Dance Moms star Maddie Ziegler performing the choreography from the song’s music video together. Although Sia & Kristen were INCREDIBLE, the star of the show was definitely Maddie. Seriously, she’s 12 years old and has already performed at the Grammys, how do you possibly top that!?! With such a HUGE start to 2015, I’m excited to see what this rising star does next.