Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’ we’re going to talk about an AMAZING new singer that will quickly become one of your favorite new YouTube stars. If you haven’t heard of Emma Heesters then please keep reading, because she will quickly take over your playlists. As soon as you hear Emma, you will instantly become mesmerized by her voice, and will anxiously await her new covers. So if you want to become a fan of the new YouTube singer that all your friends are going to become obsessed with, then please read on. Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
The first video that we’re going to talk about is Emma’s cover of ‘Payphone’ by Maroon 5, which was uploaded on February 28th, 2014 (you can check it out below). I thought that this was a great song to kick things off with because it shows off Emma’s vocal range, and instantly make you interested in her channel. The next video that we’re going to talk about is Emma’s rendition of ‘Love Me Like You Do’ by Ellie Goulding from the ’50 Shades of Grey’ soundtrack, which was uploaded on January 9th, 2015. This cover really shows that Emma is not only able to handle the vocal demands of a song, but also the emotional demands. In this cover Emma leaves you spellbound by making you feel as if she means every lyric.
The next video that we’re going to discuss is Emma’s cover of ‘I Want You To Know’ by Zedd feat. Selena Gomez. This was another amazing cover, that just cemented the fact that Emma is able to cover any song and make it entertaining, and completely captivating every time. The final cover that we’re going to talk about is Emma’s cover of ‘Flashlight’ by Jessie J from the ‘Pitch Perfect’ soundtrack, which was uploaded on June 10th, 2015 (you can check it out below). This is another song that not only requires great vocal talent, but also the ability to make us feel the emotions behind the lyrics of the song. Through this cover, Emma proves that she is a true entertainer that is ready to takeover our radio airways.
Stay in touch with Emma:
YouTube: Emma Heesters
Instagram: Emma Heesters
Facebook: Emma Heesters
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘YouTube Wednesday’, we’re going to talk about a PHENOMINAL singer/songwriter who you will completely fangirl (and fanboy) over from the moment you hear her. If you haven’t stumbled across one of Rebecca Shearing’s AMAZING covers then you have no idea how deprived your ears are. Not only can she sing and play the piano, but she also has the ability to perfectly tackle any genre of music and make it sound completely fresh and unique. So now let’s get to what y’all are waiting for, the music! Ready? Ok, let’s go!!!
The first video that we’re going to talk about is Rebecca’s cover of ‘Happy’ by Leona Lewis, which was uploaded on January 30th, 2010 (you can check out the video below). I thought that this was an awesome video to kick things off with, because the song is not only technically challenging but should make you experience the feels when you listen to it. Rebecca does a really good job displaying her vocal skills in this cover, and it definitely makes you eager to see what she’ll tackle next. The next video that we’re going to discuss is Rebecca’s rendition of ‘Gangnam Style’ by PSY, which was uploaded on October 15th, 2012. When I saw this video, I was immediately intrigued, and honestly it was everything I thought it would be and so much more! Rebecca did an AMAZING job rearranging this song into a cool jazzy rendition that will give the song a really fun, fresh vibe. It’s a fun play on this viral hit, that will have you addicted to ‘Gangnam style all over again.
Next up, we have Rebecca’s cover of ‘Just Give Me a Reason’ by Pink feat. Nate Ruess, which was uploaded on March 25th, 2013. In this cover Rebecca really showed off her artistry, by fully engaging herself in the song, and bringing out the emotions that the lyrics of this song have. The fact that Rebecca was able to show that she’s an amazing storyteller in this video, only makes me more excited see what incredible original music she releases in the future. The final cover that we’re going to discuss is Rebecca’s cover of ‘Flashlight’ by Jessie J from the Pitch Perfect 2 soundtrack, which was uploaded on June 12th, 2015 (and you can check out below). This was such a breathtakingly beautiful cover, and will make you become even more obsessed with Rebecca’s channel. This video really proves that Rebecca has continued to perfect her craft, and now is not only able to sing/play the piano EXTREMELY well, but is also a true artist that will captivate your from the first not to the last, and will leave you constantly wanting more. With all the growth we’ve already seen from her, I can’t wait to see where Rebecca’s career takes her next.
Keep up with Rebecca on the following sites:
YouTube: Rebecca Shearing
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we are going to talk about the 2015 Grammy Awards (btw we guessed half of the winners correctly this year, yay!). This year the award show was full of unique performances, surprises, and of course, awesome awards. It was truly a night dedicated to music, and all that it represented this past year. The show was once again hosted by rapper/actor LL Cool J, who stated at the top of the show that he wasn’t going to perform an opening monologue so that there would be more time for the music. I thought that it was a really memorable show, and will definitely have us all discussing it the rest of the year. If you missed the show, or just want to relive all the moments again, then please read on as we recap the 2015 Grammy Awards!
Here are the categories we guessed correctly this year:
*If you want to see the full list of Grammy Award winners then please go to GRAMMY.com | The Official Site of Music’s Biggest Night
Now there were a lot of awesome performances this year, but I decided to pick the top 10 must-see performances to discuss with y’all.
10) Eric Church: Eric performed his hit single ‘Give Me Back My Hometown’, which is a fun song that brings out the nostalgia in us all. As always, Eric captivated his audience and never lost their attention. The backdrop of the stage had scenes of a town in a Sepia effect, which just added an air of coolness to the number.
9) Ariana Grande: One number that was really interesting was Ariana Grande’s emotional performance of her song ‘Just a Little Bit of Your Heart’. The emotional ballad had a very intimate vibe that definitely captivated fans. The staging consisted of really dim lighting, purple stage lights, and really cool white smoke that appeared half way through the performance.
8) Pharrell Williams: Pharrell began his number with a spoken word performance of the beginning of his hit song ‘Happy’. The number then changed back to the original arrangement, and included dancers in bright colored clothing & choir robes. Towards the end of the number, the attention shifted over to the small stage in the center of the auditorium, where Hans Zimmermann was showing off his out of this world piano skills. Definitely a number we’d all be happy to see again.
7) Ed Sheeran feat. John Mayer & Questlove/Ed Sheeran & ELO: Ed performed a sweet rendition of his new single ‘Thinking Out Loud’, and was accompanied by John Mayer’s EPIC guitar playing, and Questlove (the drummer of the band The Roots, who are Jimmy Fallon’s house band) on the drums. This was such an awesome pairing that I know we all have our fingers crossed for these artists to collab again soon. After ‘Thinking Out Loud’, Ed switched over to another stage and performed ‘Mr. Blue Sky’ with British rock group, Electric Light Orchestra (aka ELO). This was another unexpected, yet really awesome collab that left us wondering who Ed will work with next (because obviously he can work with anyone and it will sound awesome).
6) Miranda Lambert: Miranda performed her song ‘Little Red Wagon’, and definitely showed that country music can rock. She was in full rock star mode, with a performance that included lots of cool smoke and explosion effects, an interesting red sun decoration in the background, and lots of flashing red lights that definitely raised the energy of the room to full blast.
5) Hosier & Anne Lennox: Hosier started the performance with their hit single ‘Take Me To Church’ & was later joined by Anne Lennox, who also performed her rendition of ‘I Put A Spell on You’ (which was originally by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins). This was another high energy performance that had the audience captivated throughout the number…what can we say, they put a spell on us!
4) Katy Perry: Katy performed a truly angelic rendition of her song ‘By The Grace of God’, complete with a beautiful white gown. The performance followed a PSA by President Barack Obama, and a speech by domestic abuse survivor Brooke Axtell (the PSA and speech were in support of a new program called #ItsOnUs, which is an initiative to end violence against women & girls). This was truly a strong way to deliver this powerful message.
3) Paul McCartney, Rihanna, & Kanye West: The legendary Beatle joined Pop star Rihanna, & Rap star Kanye West for a performance of the trio’s song ‘Four Five Seconds’. This was such an amazing number, that really brought out the true talent of all three artists, and showed the magic that can happen when artists of different genres come together to create something spectacular.
2) Sam Smith & Mary J. Blige: Sam & Mary J. Blige left the room completely speechless with their duet of Sam’s hit song ‘Stay With Me’. The two artists used their amazing vocal talents to deliver a breathtaking performance that was one of the highlights of the night. What made this performance extra cool was the old school soul flair that the artists added to the overall vibe of the show; it definitely left us hoping that they will work together again in the future.
1) Sia feat. Maddie Ziegler & Kristen Wiig: The top spot of the night has to go to Sia for her beautiful performance of her hit single Chandelier. The number took place in a destroyed, dirty room, and showed comedic actress Kristen Wiig & Dance Moms star Maddie Ziegler performing the choreography from the song’s music video together. Although Sia & Kristen were INCREDIBLE, the star of the show was definitely Maddie. Seriously, she’s 12 years old and has already performed at the Grammys, how do you possibly top that!?! With such a HUGE start to 2015, I’m excited to see what this rising star does next.