Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’ we are going to discuss our ‘2014 Winter Lookbook’. With Christmas and New Years Eve on the way, I thought that this was the perfect opportunity to start thinking about what cute outfit you want to wear in all of your holiday selfies. Usually in the lookbooks, we show casual, girly, and edgy looks, but this time I thought it would be fun to switch things up and style trendy, grungy, and preppy looks. Remember that you can mix and match the various looks, add accessories, or make various other changes depending on your personal style, and what the weather is like where you are. So let’s jump into it!
- White faux fur jacket from H&M:
I love this jacket for a trendy look, because it’s warm, comfortable, and instantly adds a touch of class to every outfit. This jacket is perfect for any holiday party, and isn’t real fur, so it’s animal friendly.
- Black open back maxi dress from the Kendall and Kylie Collection at Pac Sun:
Crop tops were HUGE this year, so this dress is an easy way to take the trend and transition it into the winter season. The slit in the front adds a flirty touch to the dress (perfect to lure in a midnight kiss from that special someone on New Year’s Eve).
- Black and White colored blocked ankle strap pumps from Forever 21:
Adding the color block trend always gives an extra touch of coolness to any outfit, so these shoes are the perfect thing to easily color-coordinate your outfit without simply adding a solid colored shoe.
- Rhinestone Bib Necklace from Forever 21:
I love this chunky necklace because it’s an easy way to add a cute accessory to your outfit without having to try to hard (gotta love easy fashion!).
- Madison Evening Belles Ambrose clutch from Kate Spade:
No trendy look would be complete without a cute clutch, and with the cool jewels on this one, you will feel like you’re carrying stars with you wherever you go.
- Fishnet-Paneled Textured Top from Forever 21:
This top is perfect if you want to try out the crop top trend that was really popular all year. The partially concealed cutout in the front of the top really gives it a touch of edge, which makes it perfect for any event you have scheduled this holiday season.
- Gypsy Warrior Super High Rise Lace Up Skinniest Jeans from Pac Sun:
I really liked these jeans because the lace up front is an interesting touch, and will definitely add a little more style to this or any other crop top you want to pair it with.
- Vintage Wash Denim Jacket:
Who doesn’t love a jean jacket right? This is the perfect piece to give the outfit a 90s grunge feel, and the best part is you can turn the jacket into a DIY project by drawing on it, adding cool embelishments, or ripping it. I’ve been looking at some christmas embroidery designs to add to my denim jacket. I think it’ll look super cute! Christmas is my favorite holiday so I’m planning on creating a Christmas-themed denim jacket that I can wear all throughout December. I’m thinking about buying some Santa embroidery patches but I’m still deciding which other designs to get. As long as it looks Christmassy I don’t mind!
- Payyton black suede booties from Steve Madden:
This boot has a smallish heel which is perfect for anyone who is hated by all heels (like me), and the fringe adds a very 1970s vintage edge to the look. This boot is also versatile enough to pair with a lot of other outfits so it’s a good staple piece to have.
- Ecote Embellished Small Shoulder Bag from Urban Outfitters:
This cross-body bag has a lot of very cool golden colored jewels all around it, that go along perfectly with the vintage grunge vibe this outfit has. It’s also small enough to carry with you anywhere, but big enough to hold all your essentials (I mean how could we survive without Instagram and Twitter?).
- Statement beanie from Wet Seal:
This Customized Wear offering awesome baseball caps adds a fun laid-back vibe to the outfit that is perfect if your hair isn’t cooperating.
- Contrast Collar Plaid Shift Dress from Forever 21:
Flannels were really in during the fall, so this dress is an easy way to transition this style into the winter season.
- Black Brocade Tights from the Bethany Mota Collection at Aéropostale:
These tights are the perfect way to keep you warm this winter season, and the light rose pattern they have on them add a really cute touch to the outfit.
- White and Black Marled Tweed Bomber Jacket from Forever 21:
This jacket is the perfect way to warm up this look, and not compete with the pattern of the plaid. It’s another item that is versatile, so it can become a stale piece in your wardrobe.
- Slipified Flat from Kenneth Cole Reaction:
I love this flat because it has the color locking of an oxford shoe, but the versatility of a flat (you gotta love items that you can use in various style combinations).
- All photos and information used in this blog belong to H&M, Pac Sun, Forever 21, Kate Spade, Wet Seal, Steve Madden, Urban Outfitters, Bethany Mota, The Bethany Mota Collection, Aéropostale, Kenneth Cole Reaction, and all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. If any people, corporations, businesses, companies, etc, were not previously given credit for their work, they are given credit now and their previous absence was unintentional. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.
Hello people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’, we are going to discuss everyone’s FAVORITE part of coming into a new season…NEW FASHION!!! Since today is officially the first day of fall (aka when you can officially start binging on pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks), I thought that this was the perfect opportunity to do a ‘fall fashions’ blog post. Now I know that weather conditions vary depending on where you live, so I’m going to try to show y’all outfits that will keep you toasty, but aren’t boiling hot (you can alter it depending on what the weather is like in your neighborhood). I also tried to make these outfits school/parent approved. Hope y’all enjoy!
- Lace Trimmed Open Knit Sweater from Forever 21: I really loved this sweater because it’s lightweight, but still has a very “fall time” feel to it. The lace trim is also very cute, and something that keeps this sweater in style, so you can continue to wear it through the winter.
- ‘Matelassé’ Skater Skirt from Forever 21: I really like this skirt because it’s flowy, comfortable, and a way to incorporate our summer wardrobe into the fall season.
- Buckled Riding Boots from American Eagle: Ok, once fall hits, I become completely obsessed with boots. I really love these riding boots because they give the outfit a very polished look, and provide a nice balance to the skater skirt, which will keep you nice and toasty.
- Jet Set Logo Tote by Michael Kors : I love that this bag has a very classic look, and really adds sophistication to any look. A good bag is one of the most important accessories you can have, and this one gives off an “adult” vibe that is perfect for class or work.
- Knee High Socks from Aéropostale: I really loved these knee-high socks because they add warmth to the outfit, but also help the style stay cute and sophisticated.
- ‘Bart Simpson’ Chalkboard Tank from Wet Seal: Seriously who doesn’t love ‘The Simpson’?!? So why not be the coolest kid in school and show your that YOU are the biggest ‘Simpsons’ fangirl! If it’s too cold to wear a sleeveless shirt where you live, then you can add a simple black cardigan or jacket over the shirt so you don’t freeze.
- Plaid and Floral Leggings from Forever 21: I like these leggings for the look because, they incorporate the plaid look that was popular this summer (and is going to continue in the fall). The leggings also have a light floral pattern on them, which adds an interesting flair to the outfit.
- ‘Troopa’ Boots by Steve Madden: I like that these boots don’t have any embellishments, so they don’t clash with the leggings and tank. I definitely think that everyone should have a simple pair of boots like these, because you can pair them with a variety of outfits throughout the fall and winter seasons.
- ‘Fancy Footwork Emanuelle’ Cross-Body Bag by Kate Spade: This bag is perfect for all of the music lovers out there! The keyboard design is very cool, and will definitely make your outfit stand out this year. I also like that the crossbody design makes this bag easy to wear during day to day activities, but will also give any outfit a stylish flair.
- Stud Baseball Cap from Claire’s: I thought that this hat was the perfect finishing touch for this edgy look. The golden studs bring a nice complementary color to the leggings and tank, and add a cool edge to this outfit.
- ‘Clothes Before Bros’ sweater from Forever 21: Ok, can we just take a moment to discuss how awesome the wording on this sweater is! Now if you’re a fangirl of ‘One Tree Hill’ (I know you all are), then you’ll remember that ‘Clothes Before Bros’ was the name of Brooke’s clothing line on the show. Now I’m not 100% sure that that’s what this sweater was inspired by, but it’s still really cool. The sweater is also comfortable, light-weight, and something you can throw on when you’re running late, or just don’t feel like dressing up, but still want to look cute.
- Heart Printed Leggings from Wet Seal: I liked these leggings because they’re covered with white hearts that add a girly vibe to this casual outfit without any extra effort needed. The leggings are also comfortable, and perfect for school, hanging out with friends, or a date with a pizza and Netflix (just remember, pizza and Netflix is the solution to all life’s problems).
- White Sneakers from Converse: Ok, I know that there’s that rule about not wearing white after Labor Day, but rules were made to be broken right?!? Right. Personally I love wearing converse sneakers because they’re cute and casual, which makes them the perfect shoe for anyone who doesn’t want sore feet.
- ‘Dover Street Saffiano Leather Bucket Bag’ from Kenneth Cole: As soon as I saw this bag, I fell in love with it because it’s easy to carry on all of your daily tasks, and it has enough room for you to take your entire life (aka your phone) anywhere you go. What’s really great about this bag is that it’s casual enough for school/work, but functional and fashionable enough for meetings and after school/work activities.
- Mini Lace Bow Hair Clip Blue from Claire’s: Lastly, we have the perfect finishing touch for any casual look. If you’re running late or just don’t feel like putting any effort into your look, then you can put your hair into a ponytail or half-up half down look, and add this power clip as the perfect finishing touch. Don’t you love it when fashion is practical and cute!
While I hope y’all enjoyed the looks! Remember that if it’s colder where you live then you can always add a cardigan or jacket, and if it’s hotter, you can substitute shorts or tank tops/short sleeved shirts. Have a fun fall people of the internet!!!
- All photos and information used in this blog belong to Forever 21, American Eagle, Michael Kors, Aéropostale, Wet Seal, Steve Madden, Kate Spade, Claire’s, Converse, Kenneth Cole, and all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. If any people, businesses, corporations, agents, publicists, agents, managers, PR agents, investor, or any others that deserve credit were not previously mentioned, credit for their work is now given to them, and their previous absence was purely accidental. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.
Hello people of the internet, please allow me for a moment to paint a picture for you. A 16 year old girl receives news one summer from her doctor that she has mono, so she must begin bed rest. Now usually teenagers spend the summer time hanging out with friends, going on trips, swimming, etc.. So what can a 16 year old do during the summer for fun if she’s stuck at home? Well if you ask the girl behind the extremely popular YouTube channel ‘meghanrosette’, you start a career launching YouTube channel.
Meghan Rienks, (whose last name isn’t actually Rosette, the name was created because Meghan’s middle name is Rose) was born on August 4th, 1993 in a city near San Francisco, CA. Meghan has said that she was a “dramatic” child, and officially caught the acting bug after a 3rd grade production of ‘The Wiz’ (where Meghan played a munchkin…o.k. everyone say it with me…awwwww…I’m mean seriously a 3rd grader playing a munchkin, that is just too cute!). Meghan then began taking acting, voice, and dance classes in order to further explore her love of performing. She began experimenting with makeup in the middle school, and continued acting.. Once Meghan entered High School, she soon began performing in numerous school plays. However, Meghan’s most important high school activity would occur the summer before her senior year, when Meghan contracted mono from sharing a soda can with her friend. Although most people would hide in their room and cry over this, Meghan took the advice of her mother, and began a YouTube channel. So, on June 16th, 2010 the channel ‘meghanrosette’ was born, and Meghan’s life was forever changed (Here’s Meghan’s 1st video where she does a fashion haul with one of her friends: Haul with dancer4life34! – YouTube).
On the surface, Meghan’s channel seems like that of any other young guru however, once you watch just a few minutes of any of her 412 videos, you can see that this girl is anything but ordinary. Meghan is not openly knowledgeable about fashion trends, beauty secrets, and everyday life issues, but she also has a charisma and ease on camera that instantly draws you in. She is also extremely witty and goofy, which makes her very relatable, and only adds to her overall charm. I first discovered Meghan a few months ago when I saw her on an episode of the hit show IMO (which stands for In My Opinion), on the super popular AwesomnessTV YouTube channel. On IMO, Meghan is on a rotating panel, where the panelists discuss a wide variety such as; fashion trends, celebrities, relationship/friendship issues, etc. (basically it’s a teen/young adult version of ‘The View’). When I first saw Meghan on IMO, I instantly found her very interesting and funny, and wanted to learn more about her.
After I watched a few of her videos, I could see why she (as of December 10th, 2013) has 535,602 subscribers on her channel. Meghan is not only adored by her large fan base, but has also grabbed the attention of many important fashion and beauty publications. She has been featured in magazines such as Teen Vogue and Seventeen. Meghan has also interviewed celebrities and has done red carpet coverage for Seventeen magazine (here’s a video of Meghan interviewing Ashley Rickards, the star of MTV’s popular show ‘Awkward’: My First Time Tag with Ashley Rickards – YouTube). Along with working on her growing YouTube career, Meghan has also continued acting, and was recently on the hit AwesomnessTV show. She also stars on the YouTube show ‘The Goreys’, as Abigail Gorey (here’s a link to the first episode: Hello Dr. Jacobs – Episode 1 – YouTube). Because of all of these amazing accomplishments that she’s had in such a short time span, I would definitely recommend that EVERYONE keep an eye on Meghan, she will definitely be a huge star soon.
Another reason why I highly recommend Meghan’s channel, is because she is very open and honest with her fans. In her ‘Draw My Life’ video (here’s the link to that video:Draw My Life | MeghanRosette – YouTube), Meghan admitted to having insecurity issues in middle school due to her appearance, and also stated that her elementary school friends shunned her because they were popular and she was not. Meghan has also spoken about the bullying she received from her two best friends in college. She admits that she became anxious, OCD, and suffered a great depression because of what occurred between her and these friends. Although Meghan says that she is in a better mental state now, I think that it was very brave that she decided to reveal some of the struggles she has faced. Her story is truly inspiring, and proves that you can do whatever you set your mind too as long as you follow your dreams and ignore any haters. I think Taylor Swift said it best in her song ‘Ours’, when she states, “People throw rocks at things that shine…”. Due to her bubbly personality, natural charisma, and wit, I certainly see a bright future ahead for Meghan in vlogging and acting. Keep on shinning girl!
- All photos and information used in this blog belong to Meghan Rienks: owner and operator of the YouTube channel meghanrosette, meghanrosette.com, dancer4life34, YouTube, Teen Vogue magazine, Seventeen magazine, The Hunger Games cast and author, AwesomnessTV, Mary Kate Wiles, Caroline Gayle, Justin Coloma, Ashley Walters, Lia Marie Johnson, Meg DeLacy, Madeline Whitby, Monica Sherer, ABC, MTV, Taylor Swift, Big Machine Records, and all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended