Hey people of the internet!!! On today’s ‘Monday Memos’, we are going to discuss a movie franchise that is near and dear to all of our hearts. These movies were not only entertaining (COMPLETELY addicting), but taught us all numerous life lessons about friendship, love, family, and why dragons and giants are actually really cool friends to have (you know…just the typical life lessons everyone learns as they grow up). If you haven’t already guessed, we’re taking about the extremely successful ‘Harry Potter’ series. So if you waited by your mailbox for your Hogwarts acceptance letter (or if you’re still waiting…I know it’s coming, seriously it just got lost in the mail), then please read on and join me in discussing ‘The 10 Life Lessons We Learned from Harry Potter’.
10) Don’t wait 6 years to tell someone you have a crush on them (c’mon that’s too long…yes I’m looking at you Ron and Hermione).
9) It takes more than just blood to make a family (unless you’re the Weasleys and already have more family than you can handle).
8) Don’t believe rumors (if Harry had he would have never been friends with the Weasleys or gotten close to Sirius Black).
7) In life if you want something, go after it (Harry wanted to be in the ‘Gryffindor House’ so that’s where he was place. In other words Harry is a boss!).
6) Guys with beards can be very cool (I mean look at the facts…Dumbledore had a beard and he was cool, Hagrid had a beard and he was cool, Voldemort didn’t have a beard and thus was not cool).
5) If your friends risk their lives for you 6 years in a row, you can probably safely assume that you’ll be BFFs forever…or at least 5 more years.
4) Love is the most important thing in life (I mean Dumbledore kept going on about it in just about every movie, and remember he has a beard which makes him cool, and thus trustworthy right? ).
3) Pick your friends very carefully (I mean what would’ve happened if Harry had chosen to be friends with Malfoy instead of Ron during their first year at Hogwarts…I know your mind was just blown wasn’t it).
2) Don’t take life to seriously (I mean look at Fred and George, didn’t they always seem like they were having the most fun!?!).
1) Embrace what makes you “weird” (like the fact that you’re secretly a wizard who has to stay on the run from an evil wizard who’s trying to kill you even though you’re just a child…I mean that’s just an example).
So you see, Harry Potter wasn’t just a film series that we all watched waaayyyy to much, it unraveled the many mysteries of life. So, the next time someone gives you a hard time for replaying the whole series 1 too many times, just say that you’re learning about life. And really isn’t learning about life the most important thing? I don’t know if that will work with your teachers/professors/employers but it’s worth a shot.
Hello people of the internet!!! Today, we will talk about the heart shaped elephant in the room…Valentine’s Day (cue suspenseful music). Maybe you’re single this Valentine’s Day and are bitter about it…or maybe you’re single and don’t care, either way this is the blog for you! So grab some popcorn, turn up those Taylor Swift songs, and chill out with the ‘Top ten reasons why it’s better if you DON’T have a Valentine this year!!!’
10) You can sit around in your PJs all day and watch romantic comedies/ Nicholas Sparks movies…who wouldn’t want Ryan Gosling or Channing Tatum as their honorary boyfriend?
9) You can make your mom or dad your Valentine and then casually suggest visiting your favorite store or mall (hello presents!!!)
8) Being single on Valentine’s Day is like the first day of a New Year, calories don’t count so you can eat whatever you want without repercussions (that is the rule right!?!)
7) You can get some of your BFFs together and talk about how much guys suck while you listen to Taylor Swift songs (sing it with me…”we. are never ever getting back together…”).
6) If you’re feeling more positive, you and your BFFs can have a dance party in your room while listening to your favorite boy band (or man and for our Backstreet Boys fans).
5) You can blog/vlog!!! (C’mon all the cool kids are doing it!)
4) You can walk around the mall in a onesie( oh you know you’ve ways wanted too…o.k, guess that’s just me then…awkward…)
3) You can use your detective skills and figure out who ‘A’ is on ‘Pretty Little liars’ (c’mon you know that this is seriously the biggest mystery of our time, just don’t watch the show in the dark…trust me on that one).
2) You can paint a bullseye with a picture of a jerky person in the middle. Yes throwing darts at the face of a person may seem a little aggressive, but painting is relaxing so it evens out right?
1) You can have a Harry Potter movie marathon…now if he can survive fighting a creepy faced guy for 8 movies, you can survive flying solo on the “day of love”.
· All photos and information used in this blog belong to guysvsgurlz.com, 123rf.com, hungryandmad.com, curquedelatelier.blogspot.com, idolator.com,teleread.com, powerfm.au.com, who-is-A-tumblr.com, theaprilblake.com, navikan.tumblr.com, scissorsandspice.com, naileditnz.com, Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum, Taylor Swift, Big Machine Records, Simon Cowell, Liam Tomlison, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Nial Horan, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Karl Johan Shellback, Syco Records, Nick Carter, AJ McLean, Brian Littrell, huffington.com, Howie Dorough, Kevin Richardson, Jive Records, Nintendo, Satoshi Tajiri, Lucy Hale, Ashley Benson, Shay Mitchell, Troian Bellisario, ABC Family, . Marlene King, Sara Shepard, Disney Channel, Dan Povenmire, J.K. Rowling, Heyday FIlms, 1492 Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures, memegenberator.net, ebay.com, and all other original owners. I do not own anything in this blog. All opinions expressed in this blog are my own. I wrote this blog for entertainment purposes and no copyright infringement is intended.